Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is someone out to GET Harty

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but yesterday there was some very odd behaviour where I was sitting at the Amex.

Ian Hart had kindly invited me as his guest for the East Stand 1901 area, along with a former Albion player and his young daughter. Prior to the match everything was fine, and Ian was expressing some of his concerns to me about the Albion. Ian and I don't share the same views on a few topics, but it's always useful to debate issues face to face rather than over the somewhat entrenched battlegrounds of the internet.

Ian gave me his seat, and said that it was quite a relaxed area to watch the match, but language and behaviour that is common perhaps in the North stand or at an away game wasn't encouraged in the 1901. Whilst I enjoy a good swear up, (because, as we know, sometimes a referee or opponent is a ****ing wanker), I took this on board and did my best to keep it reasonably clean.

Harty also said that the seating behind us was always empty. However, for this match, directly behind us, were two blokes and what appeared to be the girlfriend of one of them.

One of these men, sitting directly behind me, proceeded to swear every other word. Personally it doesn't bother me, for reasons mentioned above. However, he wasn't swearing at the dismal performance taking place in front of us, but just a non stop cascade of four letter words, which was tiresome and also embarrassing, as there was a 13 year old girl sitting next to me. He didn't seem to be interested in the play at all, just trying to get a reaction by copious use of F,C,B and W Anglo-Saxon diction. The ex-player asked the guy behind us to stop, because it was upsetting his daughter, and two stewards, both within earshot, both made a token effort to quieten things down, but to no avail.

I then also asked this bloke to tone it down a bit, pointing out that it wasn't the place for such a trail of abuse, especially with a young girl in the vicinity. He then decided to have a go at me for the rest of the match. The player's daughter was so upset she left the seats, and the language continued, directed at myself, almost as if he was trying to provoke a confrontation with me, who, let it be remembered, was sitting in Harty's seat. The stewards continued to pay lip service to what was taking place.

He then left with 10 minutes to go, so I assumed that he was one of the many who was escaping the tedium early, but when we returned to the 1901 lounge at full time he was watching Harty's party carefully.

I then went down to the North stand concourse to meet some friends, and oddly enough, he was watching me there too. When I popped into the bogs for a quick waz he followed me in, but upon seeing there were other fans there, left quickly without bothering to have a slash.

The above things could be coincidental of course, but it does seem a bit odd that, after Harty's recent broadside at the club, someone sits directly behind Harty's seat and does his best to create an incident with the person occupying Harty's seat, which had it gone toe to toe, would have potentially have led to an eviction, potential ban and bad publicity for IH.

Yours from the grassy knoll.

EP

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Interesting, very interesting. Nothing would surprise me. Although worth stating that it is clearly impossible to tell whether there is anything behind this or not. Not doubting your facts, but no one would be prove that this has any link with the club.

On a separate point, I mentioned to someone about a few of the orange third kit shirts being worn yesterday and a steward told me that a few of the club staff had been asked to wear them dotted round the crowd. I have no idea whether he was telling the truth or not or was a total billy bullshitter. And it probably doesn't matter that much either.

I also saw an interesting stat on internet forums the other day, that suggested that a third of posts made were made by the commercial operation that has most interest in the subject. You can in fact pay organisations to do just that. It would be folly to think that NSC is immune from that too although again there is no factual basis to suggest that it happens at all.

"Ask the Club?" forum - go on I dare ya :lol:

Very weird but, going with occam's razor, there are a surprising amount of young men with anger management issues who go to football. Sometimes you get unlucky sitting near one of them, chances higher in away end rather than 1901 I grant you, that's the curious twist here but still the more likely explanation than suggesting umm......

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
"Ask the Club?" forum - go on I dare ya :lol:

Very weird but, going with occam's razor, there are a surprising amount of young men with anger management issues who go to football. Sometimes you get unlucky sitting near one of them, chances higger in away end rather than 1901 I grant you, that's the curious twist here but still the more likley explanation than suggesting umm......

Fair comment, he could have been a random drunken fool and I was unlucky. As I mentioned before, didn't bother me per se, and in all probability it's up there with the faked moon landings organised by the royal family when they weren't busy having Diana assassinated, but a few coincidences to keep us occupied!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
A conspiracy worthy of many of NSC's finest nut jobs.

One of the undoubted pleasures of many of us of a certain age is being able to take our children to the Amex and know that it is a safe, comfortable environment for families to go to watch football.

I am sure that you and/or Harty have contacted the club via official channels with the same version of events we have above, and answers have been requested as to the actions taken against those who ruined an afternoon out for a father and daughter. Keep us informed of that dialogue please.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If they were sat directly behind you, you'll be able to quote their seat numbers to the club shirley, should you wish to go down that route?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has Harty got a box in both the East AND West Stands then?

Fair comment, he could have been a random drunken fool and I was unlucky. As I mentioned before, didn't bother me per se, and in all probability it's up there with the faked moon landings organised by the royal family when they weren't busy having Diana assassinated, but a few coincidences to keep us occupied!

Accept you might not want to be bothered with the hassle of phoning/emailing this in, but whoever this guy was still needs to be identified and have his card politely marked about his behaviour, moon landings or no, service to the rest of us who might end up next to this goon on another occasion

Am guessing Barber's mail inbox might be a bit full at the moment, so if there's a head of 1901 to try...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
1901 in the East, and a box in the West I believe.

I knew there was a box in the West. The door is always closed too, unlike all the other boxes in the corridor who mostly leave the doors open. Now I understand why :wink:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Given the club's senior management's shameless and highly dubious leaning on different forms of local media, why would anyone be in the slightest but surprised if this was sanctioned rather than a coincidence? Dodgy.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Perhaps would've have helped if you had used one of those modern communication devices to film a bit of the tirade as evidence. Could help get the moron banned.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here