Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where are the "Allardyce Out" West Ham fans now? (CONTEXT)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
A year ago, West Ham fans were desperate to see the back of Sam Allardyce, but the board knew better. Now they're absolutely flying and are prospering having kept their manager and given him the chance to turn it around.

I know most people on here are desperate to see the back of Sami, but I don't think there's any value at all in being so knee jerk, and so quick to turn on the man. Calm yourselves down, support the man and his team and these draws will become wins. At the moment the atmosphere is so tense, it's obviously translating to the players who are utterly unable to put the ball in the back of the net.

I hope Tony Bloom backs him, and lets him come through this spell.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Allardyce had got them promoted from the Championship and avoided relegation in their first season there as well when it all kicked off. He also had a good track record with Bolton so the board knew he was capable. Do we know that Sami is capable? I have seen nothing to suggest he is and he got sacked after a similar run from his last job and the guy that took over steered the team back up the table. He was a gamble that appears not to have worked, the same as the gamble on League One forwards hasn't worked either.

Are you really suggesting we give Sami the rest of the season?

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
The confidence is certainly high at West Ham at the moment. I have never seen a player celebrate in amongst the opposition's fans before.

The player who made the assists momentum caries him into ROW C of the Man City Fans. Player who taps it in goes and joins him, to the displeasure of some unhappy Mancs. I don't think they mentioned it on Match Of The Day.

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
A year ago, West Ham fans were desperate to see the back of Sam Allardyce, but the board knew better. Now they're absolutely flying and are prospering having kept their manager and given him the chance to turn it around.

I know most people on here are desperate to see the back of Sami, but I don't think there's any value at all in being so knee jerk, and so quick to turn on the man. Calm yourselves down, support the man and his team and these draws will become wins. At the moment the atmosphere is so tense, it's obviously translating to the players who are utterly unable to put the ball in the back of the net.

Trouble is these draws can just as easily turn into defeats as wins.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
I can't remember who wrote it, but there is a really good book called The Manager, based on interviews with Mourinho, Wenger, Ferguson and Allardyce. Fat Sam actually comes across as intelligent, thoughtful and a very clever man manager. Can't say I like him as a person, but distinct sense that he deliberately plays dull, boring football when he needs to stabilise things, and then uses that as a launch pad for better things when the time is right

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Allardyce had got them promoted from the Championship and avoided relegation in their first season there as well when it all kicked off. He also had a good track record with Bolton so the board knew he was capable. Do we know that Sami is capable? I have seen nothing to suggest he is and he got sacked after a similar run from his last job and the guy that took over steered the team back up the table. He was a gamble that appears not to have worked, the same as the gamble on League One forwards hasn't worked either.

Are you really suggesting we give Sami the rest of the season?

Fair response, but I think he is a strong example of why you should stick with the man you appointed in the first place. I would stick with Sami for the season, there's not a lot wrong with the team at the moment, it's not his fault that Gardner goes clean through and skies it into the back row of the South Stand.

The confidence is certainly high at West Ham at the moment. I have never seen a player celebrate in amongst the opposition's fans before.

The player who made the assists momentum caries him into ROW C of the Man City Fans. Player who taps it in goes and joins him, to the displeasure of some unhappy Mancs. I don't think they mentioned it on Match Of The Day.

I picked up on that as well, but they didn't show it again which was strange. Very inciteful gesturing from Amalfitano too!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Fair response, but I think he is a strong example of why you should stick with the man you appointed in the first place. I would stick with Sami for the season, there's not a lot wrong with the team at the moment, it's not his fault that Gardner goes clean through and skies it into the back row of the South Stand.

I would have agreed up until yesterday (at least with giving him time, not the season). However, yesterday was so poor and we were lucky to get a point. The tactics aren't working and Sami won't change them.

Bloom sacked Slade at this point of the season with 2 wins and it worked out. He needs to do the same now. Sadly, if Sami stays all season, I think we're going to rely on other teams to be terrible to stay up.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sam Allardyce has a proven track record in football. A lot of success. That is the difference.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sam Allardyce has a proven track record in football. A lot of success. That is the difference.

I'm surprised got as far as the ninth post before someone said this!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
... but the principle remains. Stick with your manager and he might turn the ship around. He certainly won't pick things up if he's given the sack.

Also, the performances are not bad. We didn't play badly yesterday - we just can't put the ball in the net. I can't really fault Sami for that, it's the players who have to take the responsibility for their generally poor final ball or shot. We're very sloppy in the final third but there's not much wrong in the other 2 thirds.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
My West Ham mate says that the WH board forced Allardyce to either accept Sheringham coming in or leave and that is what has made the difference this season, plus the signings. I still think had Sammy Lee not gone to Southampton we'd be in a very different position now. Hyppia must be regretting accepting Jones as his no 2 massively.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
This with bells on.

Completely ridiculous to even begin to compare Sami to Sam.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
My West Ham mate says that the WH board forced Allardyce to either accept Sheringham coming in or leave and that is what has made the difference this season, plus the signings. I still think had Sammy Lee not gone to Southampton we'd be in a very different position now. Hyppia must be regretting accepting Jones as his no 2 massively.
This as well. I think one of the biggest loses this season was not getting Sammy Lee. And when he opted to go elsewhere, we should have got someone with experience to assissant Sami, not Nathan Jones. It's like the blind leading the blind at the moment.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'd worry if I supported West Ham; two things ISIS hate!

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
West ham fans booooed and moaned about Allardyce tac tics, he has since tweaked the System and playing more football on the ground with decent strikers
FAN POWER working at it's best
Sami will either change his tac tics as current system not working if not he'll be gone, the reaction of the Amex crowd With either the no shows or boooooing will determine one or the other in time

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

I was thinking exactly that last night. I was in a cab one evening last year and the driver a hammers fan, talked about nothing else but how useless Big Sam was. I wonder what he thinks now?
I am at least as frustrated as all those that are calling for Sami's head on a plate. Yesterday was dire, but as long as we start turning it around and finish with some style I can bear it. However, I confess to now having niggling doubts with regard to our acquisitions dept. Why oh why, have we bought players who are drawing hundreds of thousands of pounds in salaries over the year just to warm the bench? Can we blame Sami for that....I think not!

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004

My vote for post of the year, well said :bowdown:

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
West ham fans booooed and moaned about Allardyce tac tics, he has since tweaked the System and playing more football on the ground with decent strikers
FAN POWER working at it's best
Sami will either change his tac tics as current system not working if not he'll be gone, the reaction of the Amex crowd With either the no shows or boooooing will determine one or the other in time

You MASSIVELY overestimate our importance I'm afraid.
The manager will do just as he pleases (and rightly so) he will stand or fall on his results, not on what the fans think.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Big Sam's got his way of doing things that employers buy into with their eyes wide open. Hide of an elephant, like most English managers. He KNOWS he'll get sacked at some point. He don't care, he'll get compo. IMHO BHAFC should make David Moyes an offer, even if it costs more than the board would like. At least then you'd get a fiery yet sane manager with no precious ego to contend with, who would be there longtime - if allowed - and who would stand up to the board and the fans and would at least attempt to put some FIRE in the bellies of his players. IMHO that would be a GENUINE Signing Of Intent by the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here