Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bennett, Bruno, Calderon

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This isn't intended as knocking Bennett, but it seems that most people on here think he is one of our better performers, particularly going forward.

However, having seen all home games this season and a few dodgy streams on away matches, i don't believe i have ever seen him take on the last defender. He always lays it back to the nearest midfielder or comes inside across the field. If Sami is going to insist on playing with the fullbacks so far forward (and i'm not convinced), don't the full backs have to be capable of taking on the last defender, albeit occasionally, to get a cross in.

The only time I have seen our advanced, attacking full backs look dangerous is when they have been played in behind the last defender from some 30 yard pinpoint pass. The same also applies to Bruno and Calderon, but I haven't seen them getting the same praise for their attacking abilities.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I agree - I haven't seen him do much in the final third and as he is never in the defending half he does nothing there. It's a shambles really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here