Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The QUESTION that MUST be ASKED is it time for BARBER to go ?

Time for Barber to GO ?

• Barber IN

Votes: 56 57.7%
  • Barber OUT

Votes: 41 42.3%

• Total voters

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Okay a question. "Is it Barber's fault for the poor showing on the pitch".

For me it's not his fault but a fault of the players and the coaching staff.

So much right going on off the pitch, currently so little right going-on on the pitch.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Seems since Barber turned up everything on the pitch has gone pear shaped with such effect we're now looking back at League 1, may be nice winning CEO of the year but not if the result is the DROSS that is on the pitch now with the CLUELESS clowns coaching.

Barber OUT
LAPDOG IN ???

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
If it's his decision to charge £3!!! for a bag of Starburst(opal Fruits) I'd like to see the back of him.

There is making extra margin for the club and then there is tacking the p. out of supporters.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If it's his decision to charge £3!!! for a bag of Starburst(opal Fruits) I'd like to see the back of him.

There is making extra margin for the club and then there is tacking the p. out of supporters.

That would be the caterers choice I would have thought.

Paul Barber is here to maximise club revenue but as the on-pitch side is in difficulty is a very hard job to do.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Keep Barber for the time being. If the next set of financial figures are poor then he should fall on his sword, at the moment its what is going on when the players take to the pitch that is worrying me. I know that the club is losing £1 million pound a month but if we fall in to ffp regulations and if its true the SH had a reasonable transfer kitty at the start of the season then he is doing his job.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Wembley, which is Delaware not Sodexo, you pay £7 a bag of wine gums so count yourself lucky!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Never been a Barber fan.

I've always found his programme notes to be a bit patronizing and I don't think he can empathize with fans. He's a businessman first and the interests of the fans always seem to come second. Totally recognise his job is on the business side but he is the CEO not the CFO and I think there needs to be more balance in the way he approaches things. Like others at the club (not the least the players) he is getting extremely well paid for what can only be regarded as failure at the moment - the number of empty seats yesterday is testament to that.

No idea what brief Bloom has given him but given his constant reference to FFP would guess financial targets are a big part. Very difficult job but I don't think he is going about it the right way. Not sure this is a reason for him to go but think he would do well to take a leaf out David Gill's book - a real football man who did a great job and who remained popular with Man U fans even after the Glazer takeover.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Need to decouple disappointment with yesterday's result from a general binfest IMHO. Have been very impressed with PB's level of communication this season, yesterday's result doesn't change that. Tho would be grand if he was able to exert power over the caterers and ORDER them not to be so damn idiotic as to close some of the main kiosks 20 minutes after the final whistle when the concourses are still RAMMED with customers who would quite like to buy additional food and drink in the ground but who are equally happy to take their custom elsewhere if need be.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
There should be a poll asking as to whether it's the Green Party's fault. And also one for UKIP.

I'm surprised Gordon Smith hasn't been blamed for that miss at Wembley. Or Gary Bailey for saving it.

Personally I blame the clocks going back for any future demise.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't blame him for the team's down turn but I do not like the way he is running the club and feel history will show he wasn't a good fit. I am drawn to a parallel with the Derby CEO who has created a really inclusive and supportive culture at Pride Park. I had read about this and then witnessed the sell-out noisy stadium. I'd like the same relationship with my club.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
No one would give a shit if we were in the top 3. However, we're not and are looking for someone to blame. I can't quite see how the bloke who overseas the business and income side of the club is that man.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
He is simply a bad fit for this club - always has been. League position has nothing to do with that.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I think he is doing an ok job in difficult circumstances. The board make the decisions and he oversees the implementation of them. The budget has been set but for me has been squandered on some poor signings. Is this really PB's fault?

He communicates well and often with us fans and always replies to direct correspondence. Everything feels a bit meh at the moment because we have become used to winning so the spiral has turned downwards. Looking for a scapegoat, whilst understandable won't solve the current predicament. Any successor would still face the same challenges and not necessarily do a better job than PB.

Following the Albion has always been a roller coaster and it won't be long before we are back on the up.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I think he is doing an ok job in difficult circumstances. The board make the decisions and he oversees the implementation of them. The budget has been set but for me has been squandered on some poor signings. Is this really PB's fault?

He communicates well and often with us fans and always replies to direct correspondence. Everything feels a bit meh at the moment because we have become used to winning so the spiral has turned downwards. Looking for a scapegoat, whilst understandable won't solve the current predicament. Any successor would still face the same challenges and not necessarily do a better job than PB.

Following the Albion has always been a roller coaster and it won't be long before we are back on the up.

He gives politicians answers and comes across patronising it cannot be coincidence that this club has gone into a tailspin since He came along,all momentum has come to a shuddering halt and this club is certainly looking league one ready.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here