hyypia-251014-l229-2040023_478x359.jpg

Sami Hyypia
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
10:00 26th October 2014
by James Hilsum
We need to roll up our sleeves and get the win one way or another."
Sami Hyypia

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Sami Hyypia has challenged his players to roll-up their sleeves and show their true character after being held to a 1-1 draw by Rotherham at the AmeX.The Seagulls were on course for three points after Joe Bennett’s opener in first-half stoppage time, but former Albion forward Alex Revell earned the Millers a share of the spoils and now Hyypia wants his players to show courage to end a frustrating run of results.
He told seagulls.co.uk, "We need to roll up our sleeves and get the win one way or another. We can't play nicely and only pick up draws or lose games.
"Maybe we need to toughen up a little bit mentally and put in a more mature performance throughout the whole 90 minutes.
"I don't know if it's complacency or naivety. I spoke to the players ahead of the second half about everyone having to do their defensive duties to win the game.
"When you defend well, it doesn't mean that you go and kick the ball away. Everyone must want the ball and have the courage to play. Maybe we didn't do that in the second half.
"The table doesn't look good at the moment, but the only thing we can do is not shrink away from the challenge and show the true character we have in the squad."

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

One positive from the game was the performance of David Stockdale, who made a number of saves to preserve a point for Albion and Hyypia hopes that the keeper can take confidence from this display."He made some good saves. As a goalkeeper, it is always the errors that are highlighted and you are bound to get criticism. When a goalkeeper makes an error it is usually reflected in the score.
"I'm very happy for him that he played such a good game and hopefully he'll continue to play like this in the future. Now he will get the credit he deserves and I'm happy that he can go into the next game with confidence."
Finally the Albion manager looked ahead to a hectic period of three fixtures in the space of seven days and says that the squad will have to quickly learn from their mistakes.
"The games are coming fast and we need to be ready for the next game by analysing what we can do to improve and correct the errors."
[h=3]ALBION V WIGAN
[/h]TUESDAY 4TH November, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V blackburn
[/h]saturday 8th november, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v fulham
[/h]SATURDAY 29TH NOVEMber, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here