Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We just dont have the quality......

I dont think its all Sami's fault as he can only work with what he has got but I remember him saying he was happy with the squad when the window shut likewise Bloom saying we have a squad to challenge for promotion....But yesterday we looked poor there seemed no cohesion and it was hope for the best football especially the last 20 mins when Rotherham went for the win. They had chances should of won but for Stockdale but they kept their shape as well. they opened us up with their 3 or 4 midfielders/strikers and just simple balls which found their men and they knew their positions which is down to organisation whereas we just didnt have any....thats the most worrying thing for me and we look relegation material!!!!.As for the players bought in well it is plainly clear that the recruitment system is not upto scratch and it needs an overhaul.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
I dont think its all Sami's fault as he can only work with what he has got but I remember him saying (he was happy with the squad when the window shut) likewise Bloom saying we have a squad to challenge for promotion....But yesterday we looked poor there seemed no cohesion and it was hope for the best football especially the last 20 mins when Rotherham went for the win. They had chances should of won but for Stockdale but they kept their shape as well. they opened us up with their 3 or 4 midfielders/strikers and just simple balls which found their men and they knew their positions which is down to organisation whereas we just didnt have any....thats the most worrying thing for me and we look relegation material!!!!.As for the players bought in well it is plainly clear that the recruitment system is not upto scratch and it needs an overhaul.

With all due respect he isnt going to say the team he has got are sh*te is he .

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
We have more quality than our current position of 21st.

We don't have the organisation to realise that quality though :-(

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think the players we have are better than 21st place.

They should be but what worries me more is the loanees and what effort they might make - Gardiner seems extremely poor at present

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
We have more quality than our current position of 21st.

We don't have the organisation to realise that quality though :-(

Fully agree and I honestly think the only thing we are missing is a proper centre forward, we've got a good mixture of pace and creativity in LuaLua, Tex, McCourt & Colunga as well as 2 fox in the box type strikers in Baldock and CMS it's just that we've got a massive gap where the centre forward should be.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Fully agree and I honestly think the only thing we are missing is a proper centre forward, we've got a good mixture of pace and creativity in LuaLua, Tex, McCourt & Colunga as well as 2 fox in the box type strikers in Baldock and CMS it's just that we've got a massive gap where the centre forward should be.

In 10 months we have lost the spine of the team in kushak, al-abd, bridcutt, Barnes, ulloa, upson, and crofts and Stephens through injury. I know other players have left but my point is regarding the physical pressence we have lost. We are just too lightweight now.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

In 10 months we have lost the spine of the team in kushak, al-abd, bridcutt, Barnes, ulloa, upson, and crofts and Stephens through injury. I know other players have left but my point is regarding the physical pressence we have lost. We are just too lightweight now.

Apart from not having a strong centre forward I'd say it's quality we've lost rather than physical presence.

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants

Kushak. Has not got a club.
El Abd is sitting on the bench.
Bridcutt had no heart to play for us.
Upson I believe has not played.
Barnes the crowd forced out.
Ulloa I agree.
Stephens and Croft we can do nothing about.
So what point are you making about being lightweight ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here