Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Evans

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Yes. Expecting him to lose some form of garment.

The Campanologist

Sep 1, 2014
Amazing irony when asked by Manish Bhasin if he would work under Leeds owner Massimo Cellino - he said no he wouldn't.

An astonishing comment from a man who has a criminal conviction for fraud because of fiddling the accounts with his chairman at Boston

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Blimey. they DOMINATED the game after 15 mins.

We weren't great today but.. :shrug:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

I wouldn't go as far as saying they dominated but they were certainly more dangerous than us and they did restrict us to just 3 efforts on target ( 2 from Bennett & 1 from Dunk ) although it could have been more if COG got off his heels and started playing on the front foot.

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014

To be honest, Ive just listened to his radio interview again and theres nothing there I could argue with.
All the desire, belief and best chances came from Rotherham.

dazzalewis1968

May 22, 2008
I know steve, from deals I did with players moving to Crawley and he is actually ok, he knows his football and his
Brother Gee is a very good scout they do their homework.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Did there scouting too, as soon as the game started they pushed right up on Dunk and Greer so they couldn't play any side ways passes and had to resort to hoofing it upfield

Correct. Strange how other managers seem to do their homework. Amazing what can be achieved with average players if your manager is clever

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Did there scouting too, as soon as the game started they pushed right up on Dunk and Greer so they couldn't play any side ways passes and had to resort to hoofing it upfield

And kept that pressure up all game. Tactically they exploited our only width coming from our full backs, left no space in front of their back four and basically it may as well have been a giant billboard saying this is how easy it is to nullify Sami Hyppia's tactics.

The game could have changed with the introduction of McCourt who by running at them started to cause panic. HOWEVER, Sami then took Gardner off for Tex and it looked to me that McCourt then went deeper with Ince, and any momentum we had from the 67th min introduction of McCourt evaporated, and we held on for the last 10 - anyone could see McCourt going at them was working - I really couldn't understand why he altered then with his last sub.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Correct. Strange how other managers seem to do their homework. Amazing what can be achieved with average players if your manager is clever

Same chat we had after. We appear to currently have a manager who has a system he likes to play - irrelevant who his players are.

Now Sami may well have been dealt a poor hand with our transfer dealings, but I just feel a manager worth his corn would start playing to their strengths. I've got friends who didn't like Garcia, but are now singing his praises in that at least he got his team competing and basically had them playing to their strengths.

We're now neither very good defensively or offensively. I think Greer's form has nose dived with the added pressure of covering vacant fullback positions. Our defending is a mess at times. They're all decent players, but the roles they are being asked to do are incredibly challenging that in a game there isn't any real respite for them. If we're doing well, then we're left with 2 at the back and no defensive width.

Bennett is excellent going forward, but very slow in getting back. Calderon is an adequate Championship full back - he is a long way short of a marauding wing back and is being asked to do a job he simply shouldn't be asked to do. Let the guy do what he's best at - defending, with the occasional overlapping run.

'Overlap' is not a tactic being used by us at all as it happens. We've got no one running between the lines, dropping back in to let someone run beyond. We're very square in the way we play, making it easy to organise against.

I'm really lost with what Hyppia is trying to achieve. I defended Garcia as I thought he had a system that could evolve into something better, and there was an organisation there that for the large part worked, despite being a bit dull at times. We look poor in comparison at the moment and the second season running we've gone backwards.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Same chat we had after. We appear to currently have a manager who has a system he likes to play - irrelevant who his players are.

Now Sami may well have been dealt a poor hand with our transfer dealings, but I just feel a manager worth his corn would start playing to their strengths. I've got friends who didn't like Garcia, but are now singing his praises in that at least he got his team competing and basically had them playing to their strengths.

We're now neither very good defensively or offensively. I think Greer's form has nose dived with the added pressure of covering vacant fullback positions. Our defending is a mess at times. They're all decent players, but the roles they are being asked to do are incredibly challenging that in a game there isn't any real respite for them. If we're doing well, then we're left with 2 at the back and no defensive width.

Bennett is excellent going forward, but very slow in getting back. Calderon is an adequate Championship full back - he is a long way short of a marauding wing back and is being asked to do a job he simply shouldn't be asked to do. Let the guy do what he's best at - defending, with the occasional overlapping run.

'Overlap' is not a tactic being used by us at all as it happens. We've got no one running between the lines, dropping back in to let someone run beyond. We're very square in the way we play, making it easy to organise against.

I'm really lost with what Hyppia is trying to achieve. I defended Garcia as I thought he had a system that could evolve into something better, and there was an organisation there that for the large part worked, despite being a bit dull at times. We look poor in comparison at the moment and the second season running we've gone backwards.

Decent analysis. Unless Sami is prepared to adapt his tactics, I'm afraid his time will be up very soon. An experienced No 2 (Sammy Lee) would have helped enormously.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

He said they dominated the 2nd half and we played well for the first 20 mins...He was pretty much spot on as rotheram were robbed of 3 points.

He's a very good manager and wouldn't mind him here:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here