IMG_20141025_224002.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,748
  • IMG_20141025_224004.jpg
    IMG_20141025_224004.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,797

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Billionaire Josh Harris. I hope his Hair is as comedic as Parish. Otherwise my life will be over.

Palace hypocrites? Never.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
To be fair to Chelsea (and don't get me wrong, I hate the buggers) they are, from what a fan has told me, FFP compliant. By completely mugging PSG for Luiz and getting a fairly staggering £28 million for Lukaku their net spend last window was only £10 million.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
What's the connection between Abramovich and this American billionaire other than the fact they're both, well, billionaires?

Plenty of people are against the idea but it's becoming virtually impossible to compete season by season at PL level without some significant financial backing.

I've no idea where Josh Harris' money comes from but I'd hazard a guess that it's not as dirty as old Roman's.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
What's the connection between Abramovich and this American billionaire other than the fact they're both, well, billionaires?

Plenty of people are against the idea but it's becoming virtually impossible to compete season by season at PL level without some significant financial backing.

I've no idea where Josh Harris' money comes from but I'd hazard a guess that it's not as dirty as old Roman's.

Shame Josh Harris doesn't like spending any then.....

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/10/crystal-palace-philadelphia-76ers-tanking-josh-harris

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Set a new record last year for the longest losing run in History, should fit in well with the soon to be relegated tin shed tenants. Looks like they were his 4th choice and the cheapest to boot, how to get off on the wrong foot...
Liked to spend his earlier years grappling with other men in the name of 'sport' amusingly

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
And by Christ you need cheering up . I'm surprised you lot haven't been all over this story but you're pre occupied ATM . I don't know how I feel about it tbh , nervous and apprehensive I would say . It would be interesting to have a billionaire as a owner ( just like you ) .

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm struggling to see how Palace being taken over by a billionaire is supposed to cheer us up, tbh?

I'l tell you what DID raise a smile though - MotD on Saturday night!

I watched, as ever without knowing the scores. Palace are 2-0 up away and cruising.

Then Zaha gets CHOPPED in the box 5 yards from the ref who waves play on. #chuckle.
Then someone elbows Speroni in the HEAD, and the ref says 'that's all fine. Goal stands'. 2-1 #chuckle
Then some other Palace chap gets POLE-AXED, 'play on' - West Brom into the box, whereupon chiefpr1ck Jedink chops down a striker, for a pen. Goal 2-2. #hahaha

Warnock blah blah blah, sob sob.

THAT cheered me up.

(A bit)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
And by Christ you need cheering up . I'm surprised you lot haven't been all over this story but you're pre occupied ATM . I don't know how I feel about it tbh , nervous and apprehensive I would say . It would be interesting to have a billionaire as a owner ( just like you ) .

Listen here, no one said we did irony!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm struggling to see how Palace being taken over by a billionaire is supposed to cheer us up, tbh?

I watched, as ever without knowing the scores. Palace are 2-0 up away and cruising.

Then Zaha gets CHOPPED in the box 5 yards from the ref who waves play on. #chuckle.
Then someone elbows Speroni in the HEAD, and the ref says 'that's all fine. Goal stands'. 2-1 #chuckle
Then some other Palace chap gets POLE-AXED, 'play on' - West Brom into the box, whereupon chiefpr1ck Jedink chops down a striker, for a pen. Goal 2-2. #hahaha

THAT cheered me up.

(A bit)

Yeah I know, only 1 point per game so far….:lolol:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

THAT cheered me up.

(A bit)
This. I'm surprised there hasn't been a poll about which of the three Palace misfortunes pleased you more. Close between Zahaha getting his comeuppance for so much previous diving and Jedinak chucking away two precious points in injury time...

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk

Hmmmm. Interesting read. However Tony Bloom is a 3rd generation Albion fan, so the comparison ends there.

Is Harris a well known Palace fan? What does he know about Soccer? Can he name any Palace players? - is he able to inject the sort of investment you need to secure your Prem future? - and maybe build a worthy stadium? - or just another foreign billionaire looking to squeeze some dosh out of the Premier League?

I guess it must seem attractive to Parish. Having enjoyed the Prem cash windfall CPFC2010 would be yet another very significant step beyond having to dig into their personal pockets.

What do the fans think? Most football fans would be apprehensive at seeing their club in such hands. I guess some might not care. How do you feel about it?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
David: Well, there's good news and bad news. The bad news is Neil will be taking over both branches, and some of you will lose your jobs, yeah, yeah. (Everyone gasps) Those of you who are kept on will have to relocate to Swindon, if you want to... yeah... stay. I know, I know, gutting, gutting. You didn't see me. On a more positive note, the good news is I've been promoted, so... every cloud... (everyone stares; long pause) You're still thinking about the bad news aren't you?

Malcolm: There's no good news, David. It's bad news and irrelevant news.

David: Yeah, that's not a phrase though, is it? I couldn't come out and go "Oh, I've got bad news and irrelevant news."

Malcolm: You could have told us about Neil and kept your promotion to yourself.

David: Should've told you the good news first, got you happy...

Malcolm: There is no good news, David.

David: Hmm, I think promotion is generally considered good news.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Hmmmm. Interesting read. However Tony Bloom is a 3rd generation Albion fan, so the comparison ends there.

Is Harris a well known Palace fan? What does he know about Soccer? Can he name any Palace players? - is he able to inject the sort of investment you need to secure your Prem future? - and maybe build a worthy stadium? - or just another foreign billionaire looking to squeeze some dosh out of the Premier League?

I guess it must seem attractive to Parish. Having enjoyed the Prem cash windfall CPFC2010 would be yet another very significant step beyond having to dig into their personal pockets.

What do the fans think? Most football fans would be apprehensive at seeing their club in such hands. I guess some might not care. How do you feel about it?

As I said nervous . Regarding bloom , will he be prepared to fund you for much longer ?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Isn't he the annoying prince in shrek?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here