Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam Baldock

The Campanologist

Sep 1, 2014
I've held off giving him any stick for a while to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I am now really struggling to defend the bloke.

He offers very little to the team and seems totally out of of his depth at this level - as his earlier career move to West Ham would suggest.

I wouldn't bothered as much if he was being so unlucky in front of goal, but the really worrying thing is I can only remember a couple of chances where he's actually come close to scoring?!

He's incredibly lightweight too and and really doesn't seem to know how to adapt at this level.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Hard to argue with that. I hope he just needs a goal and then he is off and running but I fear he may not be up this level.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Doesn't help that he's played out wide.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I've held off giving him any stick for a while to give him the benefit of the doubt, but I am now really struggling to defend the bloke.

He offers very little to the team and seems totally out of of his depth at this level - as his earlier career move to West Ham would suggest.

I wouldn't bothered as much if he was being so unlucky in front of goal, but the really worrying thing is I can only remember a couple of chances where he's actually come close to scoring?!

He's incredibly lightweight too and and really doesn't seem to know how to adapt at this level.

Pretty reasonable summary.

Just wish he would score and get his confidence flowing.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

I thought you were describing Colunger :moo:

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
He's a center forward. Perhaps if he they let him play up front instead of that useless **** o'grady when might see something different.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Is this the reason why he's being played out wide?

Is it down to the lack of decent service?

He obviously lacks confidence.

Square peg in a round hole?

I do get your point though.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I completely disagree.

He played several excellent passes today and worked really hard. He kept finding himself going to get the ball as our midfield was non-existent and he keep going out wide.

I don't blame the player, the fault is with the manager and the lack of industry in midfield.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I completely disagree.

He played several excellent passes today and worked really hard. He kept finding himself going to get the ball as our midfield was non-existent and he keep going out wide.

I don't blame the player, the fault is with the manager and the lack of industry in midfield.

Exactly this. He was my MOM in the first half.

The Campanologist

Sep 1, 2014
Doesn't help that he's played out wide.

He's not though has he - there's been a few games he's played centre forward?

And even the ones he has played as the wider striker, it's not as if he's completely stuck on the wing - I'm fairly sure that position still generates goal opportunities?!

The Campanologist

Sep 1, 2014
We are about 3 or 4 short of a reasonable team so it is difficult to fully analyse him or any player that has the potential to be succesful for us.

It is difficult yes (otherwise boards like this wouldn't exist) but give it a try, nobody will hold it against you.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
He's not though has he - there's been a few games he's played centre forward?

And even the ones he has played as the wider striker, it's not as if he's completely stuck on the wing - I'm fairly sure that position still generates goal opportunities?!

How many opportunities? ...he played up front on his own last week against 2 strapping centre halfs...maybe 2 up would work for him?

GolfingGull

Jul 21, 2013
Costa del Worthing
I completely disagree.

Good point. Put him down the middle with the likes of Solly on the wing and Stephens in the midfield and he may get some better chances coming his way, then we can really see if he`s up to it. He knows where the goal is, last season proves that, but he needs the ball slipped through to him to create scoring opportunities, not coming off the wing like he is being asked to at the moment.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Good point. Put him down the middle with the likes of Solly on the wing and Stephens in the midfield and he may get some better chances coming his way, then we can really see if he`s up to it. He knows where the goal is, last season proves that, but he needs the ball slipped through to him to create scoring opportunities, not coming off the wing like he is being asked to at the moment.

Exactly!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here