Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O'Grady's heading...

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
For a target man, his heading is appalling. Obviously it's a difficult ask to live up to Ulloa's efforts last year. But I don't even remember him winning a header today. Calderon especially put crosses in today, yet every time they were knocked away by the defender. Feel Ulloa, Barnes and Murray would all of got decent efforts in on goal there.

I feel his only real quality is holding the ball up and laying it off. Not sure we can justify starting him based on that? And would Kandi offer more from the bench?

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
He won't win any headers until he starts challenging for the ball rather than approaching the ball and then pulling out of a challenge when 2 yards awasy. He looks as if he is waiting for the perfect pass to land at his feet without making the effort to commit. Paddy's ball across the face of the goal in the second half summed it up.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
For a target man, his heading is appalling. Obviously it's a difficult ask to live up to Ulloa's efforts last year. But I don't even remember him winning a header today. Calderon especially put crosses in today, yet every time they were knocked away by the defender. Feel Ulloa, Barnes and Murray would all of got decent efforts in on goal there.

I feel his only real quality is holding the ball up and laying it off. Not sure we can justify starting him based on that? And would Kandi offer more from the bench?

What i noticed today was that O Grady does not jump for the ball , Revel jumped for the ball and thus won lots of headers , O Grady did not win one header in the first half mainly because he did jump and had both feet planted on the ground , Revel looked a lot better player of the two

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is not only his heading that is poor virtually all he does is poor definitely a Div 1 striker at the best. God knows how he scored goals for Barnsley in this division as he hasnt looked like scoring one for us.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
He is not of Championship standard. Complete waste of £500,000.

To this day I cannot fathom how this transfer was sanctioned, let alone for a fee comparative to that of the Ashley Barnes transfer, and on a 3 year deal. It is absolutely absurd and a damning piece of evidence that our recruitment process is an utter shambles. Comparatively, how much would it have cost to sign Glenn Murray or Chris Wood on a season long loan? I know it is a comparison based on little fact but how can our recruitment team look at what is/was available and decide that Chris O'Grady on a 3 year deal is a good transfer for a 'PLR' club?

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
O'Grady was shit today....end of.

He is very very very shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
I hoped he would come good ( misguided optimism I accept) and after today realise he won't. His movement , control and passing are very poor. Get rid now

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Chris old lady more like, Pony!

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
It's not his fault he isn't very good, blame those who bought him.

This although I agree he is woefully lacking who else would you pick from the current squad, not talking about speculative players to sign? When there is no other options in the squad we are stuffed. He is trying his best but ultimately the blame lies with the suits and the recruitment.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I can't understand how he's ever scored goals at football league level

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here