Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Free agent strikers?

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Lets be honest, even if Hyypia does go, our strikeforce poses about as much threat as a tellytubby. Any decent free agents out there or are we going to have to endure 2 long months without much hope of scoring bar set pieces? And that's assuming the club have realized we'll have to invest in a proven striker to even compete in this division.

Stumpy Tim

Lets be honest, even if Hyypia does go, our strikeforce poses about as much threat as a tellytubby. Any decent free agents out there or are we going to have to endure 2 long months without much hope of scoring bar set pieces? And that's assuming the club have realized we'll have to invest in a proven striker to even compete in this division.

Our strikers are not as bad as people say. We just have no width, so we don't stretch the opposition. We try to play through the middle, so the opposition defence just plays very tight and our strikers don't get any space to play in. They're being made to look worse than they actually are

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Our strikers are not as bad as people say. We just have no width, so we don't stretch the opposition. We try to play through the middle, so the opposition defence just plays very tight and our strikers don't get any space to play in. They're being made to look worse than they actually are

I partly agree and I think it's stupid that we're playing Baldock out wide but CMS and Baldock seem to both have awful first touches for the most part. Maybe I'm judging Baldock too early but I don't think CMS or O'Grady are good enough for this division.

Stumpy Tim

I partly agree and I think it's stupid that we're playing Baldock out wide but CMS and Baldock seem to both have awful first touches for the most part. Maybe I'm judging Baldock too early but I don't think CMS or O'Grady are good enough for this division.
I actually thought Baldock played well today. I'm more confident he'll come good than CMS. I'm looking forward to the new manager playing Colunga up front too

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
I actually thought Baldock played well today. I'm more confident he'll come good than CMS. I'm looking forward to the new manager playing Colunga up front too

I would like to see LuaLua and McCourt on the wings with Colunga up front.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think the signing of Baldock was bad business unless CMS is going as they are too much alike. COG and Colunga are not championship quality, may have been in the past but not now. There is a reason strikers are free agents at this time of the season, even Heskey who I have said give a 1 month contract to just to try him out with nothing much to lose

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here