Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why were the North Stand imploring Gardener to shoot?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just meekly handing possession back isn't the answer, esp when we can pretty much guarantee the end result.

Not to mention Gardener, along with KLL, are the last 2 players we should be encouraging to shoot MORE.

In the first half he had a shot from distance that was so bad it did almost create a chance.
He rapidly followed that up with yet another pointless shot after some promising build up play, from the team, that he wouldn't have got on target if he tried 100 times.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
What's the stats for shots, on target or otherwise, from our 'strikers' today then Brother Stat?

I'm sure there must have been some shots from them but I'm struggling to recall any.

Best call of the day was from our resident Family stand joker shouting for Dunk to shoot from our own half inside the first 20 minutes of the game. What's that saying?.... it's funny 'cos it's true. Dunk really is the only one who looks capable of scoring :(

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What's the stats for shots, on target or otherwise, from our 'strikers' today then Brother Stat?

I'm sure there must have been some shots from them but I'm struggling to recall any.

Best call of the day was from our resident Family stand joker shouting for Dunk to shoot from our own half inside the first 20 minutes of the game. What's that saying?.... it's funny 'cos it's true. Dunk really is the only one who looks capable of scoring :(
Given the choice between a shot from distance or a cross from the by-line, I'd take the cross every single time.
Esp since neither Fat Frank or Steeeeevieee Geee are playing for the Albion.

Lets give the strikers the opportunity to prove they are s**t.

For what it's worth I thought we played pretty well in the first half.
But sadly we also looked like a team that couldn't buy a goal or win, from the moment they scored.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Given the choice between a shot from distance or a cross from the by-line, I'd take the cross every single time.

But sadly we also looked like a team that couldn't buy a goal or win, from the moment they scored.
I thought we were dreadful throughout. We had a few decent moments in the first half, in the second we were abysmal. We played without passion or desire. We looked clueless in all departments. The defending was awful, the midfield terrible, the strikers all over the place. Only Stockdale and Paddy emerged with any credit at all. Dismal.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

So what's the answer to my original question again ???

I think Paddy having a Paddy when he put it on a plate for everyone to look at tells it's own story. He could do that all day long with probably the same result I suspect. I'm sorry, yes the system isn't working, but it's still clear that our strikers are poor.

I'm all for not just having a dig from anywhere and conceding possession to row z as well, but you can see why it might be the default option for a few of our players at the moment.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
3 each, all off target according to espn.

Gardner had 4 (all off target).

Thanks. No wonder I was struggling to recall them.

barnden10

May 11, 2014
One was that far off target I caught the ball in the north and i sit level with the edge of the pen box

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
One was that far off target I caught the ball in the north and i sit level with the edge of the pen box

That was probably the one where I ducked and put my arms over my head for protection, needn't have bothered as I sit down the front.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Yep - very confused by the bloke two seats along from me applauding heartily as his shot went sailing over the bar for the second time in an afternoon. We need some answers to our issues up front, I don't think the shooting skill of Mr Gardiner is one of them.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This isn't my style, so things must be bad if I'm questioning what Gardener brings to the team.

Can anyone help me out?

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
I hate him. Utter gash. Just goes for worldies all the time that balloon over. Must be a condition of the loan to play him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Aaarrggghhhhh STOP IT.

2 games played 2 goals scored pretty much from the penalty spot.

So WHY, WHY the fook start the second half with 2 pointless shots to nothing from 25 yards out.

The second one EB was wide open on the edge of the box, and pretty pee'ed off.
We didn't see the ball again in their half until kick off after the goal.

Then on the radio he says the same as Tuesday, 'well I'm all about getting in the box and scoring'.
Brilliant, clearly you are, clearly you are currently the best goal scorer we have in midfield.

So stop pointlessly shooting from 25 yards out.
Step into the box and get a freakin hattrick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here