Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time to change the formation...

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Clearly the current tactics aren't working. IMO we need to play a 4-4-1-1. Back to basics, more width, creativity from both flanks, best of all, paddy as the main man making the shit happen as a number 10. We need to build our team around him mindful that he is a luxury player who doesn't like tracking but has the creative flair to win games. Here's the lineup:

Stock

Bruno. Hughes. Dunk. Bennett

Colunga holla Ince lua

Paddy

Baldock (or CMS)

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Clearly the current tactics aren't working. IMO we need to play a 4-4-1-1. Back to basics, more width, creativity from both flanks, best of all, paddy as the main man making the shit happen as a number 10. We need to build our team around him mindful that he is a luxury player who doesn't like tracking but has the creative flair to win games.

Or change the guy who won't change the formation...

Sad fact is McCourt really isn't that good. We are just so bad at the moment that he looks like the messiah.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
20,000 + people can see it, but the bloke in charge sits there with his legs crossed.

barnden10

May 11, 2014
I would personally look at a 3-5-2 formation. It isn't too far away from the current set up with the fullbacks pushing on. Would provide width and give greater defensive solidity as at the moment our fullbacks get caught too high up and we are often left 2 on 2 at the back. The for 3-5-2 allows for a defensive mid in away games and a more offensive line up at home

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Or change the guy who won't change the formation...

Sad fact is McCourt really isn't that good. We are just so bad at the moment that he looks like the messiah.

Rubbish. Pinpoint 40 yard passes, incisive passing through the lines and dribbling past 3 players with ease are not marks of a player that 'isn't that good'. He's just totally devoid of any pace and thus offers nothing when we don't have the ball. He's clearly outrageous with it though, you are a philistine.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Rubbish. Pinpoint 40 yard passes, incisive passing through the lines and dribbling past 3 players with ease are not marks of a player that 'isn't that good'. He's just totally devoid of any pace and thus offers nothing when we don't have the ball. He's clearly outrageous with it though, you are a philistine.

Agreed. 100%

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
I would personally look at a 3-5-2 formation. It isn't too far away from the current set up with the fullbacks pushing on. Would provide width and give greater defensive solidity as at the moment our fullbacks get caught too high up and we are often left 2 on 2 at the back. The for 3-5-2 allows for a defensive mid in away games and a more offensive line up at home

Like the look of this. Ince or Holla drop back to make the 3 but that is when our midfield look weak and depleated and we get overun.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
We don't have the quality of players required to play the formation sh choses.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Trust me, paddy is that good. Ask a few Celtic fans.

Paddy McCourt relegated with Barnsley last year, two goals, zero assists. This season 0 goals, 1 assist (I think). Look at the numbers rather than get excited when he beats a midfielder 30 yards from goal.

I enjoy his play a great deal, but if we are calling out for him, when thus far he has had almost no end product, tells me where we are right now.

The most amazing thing I've seen this season was him showing a bit of pace to clatter that guy and get a sensible tactical yellow. He can run, who knew

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
not enough pace at the back for that set up
although it would certainly be an improvement
it does allow for a more conventional front 2
but you can still be outnumbered out wide

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Paddy McCourt relegated with Barnsley last year, two goals, zero assists. This season 0 goals, 1 assist (I think). Look at the numbers rather than get excited when he beats a midfielder 30 yards from goal.

I enjoy his play a great deal, but he if we are calling out for him when thus far he has had almost no end product tells me where we are right now.

He's been surrounded by dross; a swan in a pigsty; a diamond in a coal mine; an Aston Martin in an Aldi car park...

Nah I don't even care about the stats, players like him are why I love football.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
The most amazing thing I've seen this season was him showing a bit of pace to clatter that guy and get a sensible tactical yellow. He can run, who knew

Wouldn't exactly call it pace, the guy breezed away from him at a fast jog and Paddy threw himself full length in desperation to hook him back :lolol:

barnden10

May 11, 2014
not enough pace at the back for that set up
although it would certainly be an improvement
it does allow for a more conventional front 2
but you can still be outnumbered out wide
You can be outnumbered out wide but the spare man in the middle would provide cover. Or one of the two strikers drop in. Regarding pace at the back we could afford to drop a little deeper because you have a little more protection

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here