Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players and positions

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
So far ive generally been in the Hyypia in Camp. Managers and players need time. Today though it appeared to be we are actually not progressing and are getting worse.
Most frustrating thing to me is players and positions.
We play 2 fairly decent strikers (by previous scoring records they are ok) wide and play to none o the forwards strengths. In the middle there was no one creative. The strikers are gambling on nothing which is not Hyypia's fault but we won t look dangerous until we play to the strengths of players like Baldock.
So many times today there 6ft plus CB's dealt with the long balls in there sleep. Either tactics or manager need a change

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
For me, the crux of our problem is this idea of playing our two fullbacks so high up the pitch...so high that if we lose the ball we are BANG in trouble.

And yet going forward, because Calde / Bennett don't have a WINGER to combine with, their attacking threat is totally nullified. They're standing there waiting to receive the ball - so no forward momentum, it all grinds to a halt. Overlaps ? Forget it, not happening. I could count on 1 hand the number of times we've actually gotten behind teams. What support they get generally comes from our (unsurprisingly) non-scoring strikers who constantly have to drift wide to help out.

As a result, we just don't stretch teams. This is so EASY to see, and yet we persist. Its genuinely baffling.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
For me, the crux of our problem is this idea of playing our two fullbacks so high up the pitch...so high that if we lose the ball we are BANG in trouble.

And yet going forward, because Calde / Bennett don't have a WINGER to combine with, their attacking threat is totally nullified. They're standing there waiting to receive the ball - so no forward momentum, it all grinds to a halt. Overlaps ? Forget it, not happening. I could count on 1 hand the number of times we've actually gotten behind teams. What support they get generally comes from our (unsurprisingly) non-scoring strikers who constantly have to drift wide to help out.

As a result, we just don't stretch teams. This is so EASY to see, and yet we persist. Its genuinely baffling.

100% this.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Bang on the money, it's a horrible style

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here