Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockdale

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I have been pretty critical of him on a number of occasions this season, so I feel the need to say what a good game I thought he had today. Spilled the ball when he should maybe have held on to it on a couple of occasions but overall, thank Christ he had a good game otherwise we'd be looking at another defeat tonight.

There have been plenty of negative threads about him, time for a positive one from me.

Whoops didn't see the other thread. Please merge or delete Mods

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Yup he was surprisingly good today. Some good solid saves. Deserves a little respect for being a reasonable keeper against some most average tripe.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Delighted for him. All right, he made some mistakes early on in his Albion career but the way some of the fans got on his back after that was absolutely disgusting.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Thought he was great- some of his distribution wasn't the best (but that's also our attackers unwillingness to move towards the ball). His saves kept us not only from losing, but from being stuffed.

Incredible save right at the end to stop Greer's OG.

In his post match interview, he said personal criticism makes him play better!

That interview made painful hearing. He sounded all over the place. You are used to goalkeepers being very strong, robust personalities

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
That interview made painful hearing. He sounded all over the place. You are used to goalkeepers being very strong, robust personalities

I thought he sounded like he was about to cry!

flint

Jul 9, 2003
eastbourne
Agree . I have been very critical of his home performances to date but today was his best so far. But for him we would have lost

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The only positive to come out of today's game for me = much needed boost to Stockdale's confidence after some very good saves.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
To clear this MOM thing up. Is it right that the keeper never ever gets awarded the prize because it reflects badly on the team? Seem to remember Kuszczak having some blinders and never getting it.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Delighted for him. All right, he made some mistakes early on in his Albion career but the way some of the fans got on his back after that was absolutely disgusting.

Fully agree some so called fans should hang their heads in shame with some of the abuse he's had.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
To clear this MOM thing up. Is it right that the keeper never ever gets awarded the prize because it reflects badly on the team? Seem to remember Kuszczak having some blinders and never getting it.

I asked the FDM once about this. He most certainly agreed!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here