Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami - more time?

Zen Frenzy

Jul 2, 2013
Withdean
If the definition of madness is doing the same thing time and time again, hoping for a different outcome in the face of repeated failure, then Sami and the team look to be heading there at the moment. Most games this season have been epitomised by "OK" possession and skillful but leisurely build-up that invariably leads to nothing in the absence of an incisive leading line.

Rather than getting animated, it's disconcerting to see him shrugging his shoulders with a message that seems to say, "Isn't this all very sad and I hope it changes and what what an unfortunate co-incidence that I'm in charge". I don't object to him being given more time but only if he mans-up a bit up and attempts to prove his mettle by at least trying to get the team to play differently. What could be wrong with starting with McCourt from kick-off? Why persevere with O'Grady and Gardiner when they're either not trying or not good enough? Plenty of other options to toy with as well.

Can't see him lasting beyond the end of the year if he doesn't get hold of this beforehand.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
If I was Bloom he'd be in a meeting right now getting told his contract has been terminated, but I think he'll be given until the next international break to turn it around.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I don't know what is going on with the bloke.

Tactically useless - if anyone could tell me what his formation is, I would be very impressed. Playing wingers behind the strikers, pushing full backs so far forward we get destroyed on the break continually. Also, he played for Liverpool so should understand more than anyone about 'pass and move' - Yet we cannot do either.

Yes spraying a pass cross field can be good to watch, but it has become boring. The strikers get crucified but seriously what can they do, when the rest of the team also haven't got a clue what's going on. There is NO game plan at all, he sits there looking like he is the miserable bloke in the corner sulking at a party.

The atmosphere was better than it should have been today, we played our part. I supported Oscar and the lack of goals, sometimes boring football but at least he knew what his and the teams objectives were, I would have him back tomorrow over this rubbish.

Have given it a go but firmly in the Sami OUT camp now. Clueless.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Nope! Obvious to to everyone (I hope) that he is way out of his depth. Whether that's his fault or not I don't know? Burke is as much to blame IMHO and needs to go too!

We need a manager that can instill some fire into players hearts, I'm sure that the players have the ability to do what is necessary but without a leader to fire them up, we will continue to turn out weak performances.

This isn't a knee jerk reaction but a built up frustration from the day he was appointed.

Wrong man, wrong job and a coach lacking in ability to instill confidence in good players. Tony will surely react but not in a Leeds type way. I'm now convinced that after today's result changes will take place, and fast!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He was sacked by Bayer Leverkausen because he was told his tactics of wing backs didnt work and refused to change them but still he persists with those tactics here. Will TB follow the BL chairman and sack him, I dont think that he will.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Wow I see a lot of the Sami arse lickers are absent or have changed their minds very quickly about their wonderful manager
"Who just needs more time "
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. :tosser:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here