Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player Ratings v Rotherham (Home)

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Stockdale 8 – Kept us in the game. A few times he parried the shot back into the danger area and a better team than Rotherham would have punished us for it. A few worrying moments in the distribution department too but as he kept us in the game I have to give him an 8.

Calde 6 – Alright going forward but playing that high up the pitch leaves the defense isolated as we've seen countless times this season. Needed to be a leader today and I'm not really sure he was.

Greer 3 – Just awful. Lost almost every header against Revvel, careless in his passing and almost scored an own goal. Poor by his usual high standards.

Dunk 5 – Clearly getting frustrated as the match wore on. Made a few mistakes towards the end. Almost netted a 6th goal.

Bennett 6 – Good going forward, almost fluffed his goal but luckily was given a second bite of the cherry. Was generally poor at tracking back.

Ince 6 – Mostly solid and performs the defensive duties better than Holla. A few rash challenges and was caught in possession a few times but overall he was one of the few positives for me.

Gardner 4 – Practically non-existent today. Several long range shots when there were better options available to him. A few nice touches and passes but they were few and far between.

JFC 6 – If I was judging him on the first half alone I would have gone with a 7 because I thought he was superb. But he had a poor second half, as did most of the team. Good range of passing. Still plays too deep for my liking but, like Ince, was one of the few positives from an otherwise poor performance.

Colunga 7 – Always wanted the ball and constantly tried to create something. A lively performance from him. Plays better as a “No. 10” than a striker IMO.

Baldock 5 – A slightly desperate performance from him today. Several half chances and snap shots but he never really looked like scoring. Did a lot of tracking back but was, and is being, wasted on the right hand side as a false winger. He needs to play alongside another striker if we are to get the best out of him.

O’Grady 4 – Awful today. First touch was terrible, positioning was clueless and he spent most of his time with his back to goal. Lacks confidence and it shows.

Stumpy Tim

Stockdale 9 - MOM. Easily his best game for us

Calde 6 – Did well considering he was playing as a winger

Greer 4 – One of his worst games for us. He'll play at Spurs and be back on it though.

Dunk 6 - Not his best game, but adequate. Just has zero cover as we play 2-4-4

Bennett 7 – I like Bennett a lot, especially as I had a couple of quid on him to score at 33-1

Ince 7 – Great to see him back. Played well - surprised he got MOM, but he did his job well

Gardner 6 – Think he did ok, but he's covering in as left-back all the time so will always look like he's having a poor game

JFC 7.5 – Exceptional in the first half. Faded in the second. Really starting to see some progress in him

Colunga 6.5 – Wanted to do things, but didn't come off. PLAY HIM UP-FRONT

Baldock 6.5 – Surprised people thought he was poor. I thought he did well, but we're so narrow he gets crowded out so doesn't have the space to do the things he wants to do

O’Grady 5 – Poor today. He's there to hold the ball up & too often it pinged off him

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Personally I thought it was better than last week, but that wasn't difficult.

Stockdale - 8 - World class save at the end. Distribution a little wayward.
Calderon - 6
Bennett - 6
Greer - 4- Worst game this season
Dunk - 6
JFC - 8 - Best game for ages.
Gardner - 3 - Hopeless, plays for himself and not the team. Shoots at literally every opportunity.
Ince - 7 - Better than Holla has been recently.
Colunga - 7 - Hopefully this is the start of good things.
Baldock - 6 - Good first half, anonymous second.
O'Grady - 5 - Not very good.

McCourt - 7 - Looks dangerous every time he gets the ball
Tex - N/A

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
stockdale 6
Calderon 4
Greer 3
dunk 6
Elliot 6
Ince 4
Gardner 3
JFC 6
Baldcock 3
COG 4
colunga 4

paddy 6
tex 4

sami 0
left his best 3 players on the bench
how many people would have predicted at the
start of the season we would be second best at home
against Rotherham

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Stockdale 8 - if he'd had an average game we'd've been hammered - by Rotherham, ffs
Calderon 5.5
Greer 6
dunk 6.5
Bennett 6.5
Ince 5.5
Gardner 5
JFC 6
Baldcock 4.5
COG 4
Colunga 4.5

Paddy 6.5
Tex 5.5

Sami 0 - Go now. I can't think of a single positive he's brought to the club (edit - Tex) & several things that were good (e.g the defence), he's ruined

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Stockdale-8-MOM for me and deserved a clean sheet
Calderon-5-Really doesn't look like he's enjoying his football this season
Greer-4-Looks like he's lost his confidence and faith
Dunk-6-Not at his best and looked like he was trying to get booked to get his suspension out of the way on Wednesday
Bennett-6-Ok game and took his goal well
Ince-6-Some good things mixed with some bad things, not sure how he got MOM
Gardener-5-Average game but terrible shooting
JFC-5-Very average for me
Baldock-6-Scared Rotherham in he first half but they made sure he never got on the ball in the second
Colunga-6-Done some good work today
O'Grady-1-County league performance, the worst I've seen from an Albion striker at the Amex

McCourt-6-Tried to make things happen
Tex-4-Wasted playing deep in midfield

Sami-1-Got the feeling he was trying to get a result to save his job and failed.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Stockdale - 8
Calderon - 7
Greer - 5
Dunk - 6
Bennett - 7
Ince - 6
Gardner - 4
JFC - 7.5
Colunga - 6
Baldock - 6.5
COG - 4

Paddy - 6
Tex - Not on long enough.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Stockdale - 9. MOM. Looks to have taken criticism of his early seasons to heart and is responding well. Good job, otherwise we would have lost today

Calde - 6. Ok. Like last week, often in space, but rarely used as an outlet

Greer - 3. Rare poor game for us.

Dunk - 5.5. Below his recent standards. Still almost popped up with a goal

Bennett - 6. Good finish for the goal at the second attempt. One of our better signings but naive at times

Gardner - 3. Just awful. Again.

JFC - 6.5. Very good in the first half, but much less prominent in the second

Ince - 6.5. Still not back to his dominant best when he came into the team last year, but a decent performance

Colunga - 6.5. One of the few who offered any guile. Created chances in the first half, but woefully weak on the ball.

Baldock - 6. Often involved in the build up play, sometimes showing a nice touch, without ever really looking like scoring a goal

COG - 5. Poor. Offered virtually nothing

Coaching team: 4. I don't wish anyone out of a job, but they seem totally out of their depth. Time for a change.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There were times today that I was starting to think we need to get Emilio Estevez in with bucket of eggs. So many of our players were displaying a poor touch.

Stockdale 8 - Most of his saves were the sort a decent keeper should gave, but the one from Greer's goal-bound clearance was great, the sort of save it has taken too long for him to make
Calderon 5.5 - Slow to get back from attacks, but often left isolated on the wing with no support
Greer 4 - Bad game, wasteful long balls, giving away possession, almost scoring an own goal, lacking leadership
Dunk 5.5
Bennett 5
Ince 5 - Looked quite clumsy, and not in his usual good way
Gardner 4 - SStop with the wasteful long range shots (and in one case the close range shot skied when clean through)
Forster-Caskey 5.5 -
O'Grady 5 - Thought he worked hard, but bad first touch
Baldock 5
Colunga 5

McCourt 5
Teixeira 5

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Stockdale 8

Calderon 6 Looked knackered mid way through the half trying to be in 10 places at the same time
Greer 5 Left exposed by tactics
Dunk 6 Left exposed by tactics
Bennett 8 But exposed by tactics like Calderon

Ince 7
Gardner 5
JFC 5

Baldcock 4
COG 5
Colunga 5

Paddy 6
Tex 5

Rotherham edged the chances and Stockdale kept us in it, if this was a better team we would have been put to the sword in a horrible manner.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Stockdale 8

Calderon 6 Looked knackered mid way through the half trying to be in 10 places at the same time
Greer 5 Left exposed by tactics
Dunk 6 Left exposed by tactics
Bennett 8 But exposed by tactics like Calderon

Ince 7
Gardner 5
JFC 5

Baldcock 4
COG 5
Colunga 5

Paddy 6
Tex 5

Rotherham edged the chances and Stockdale kept us in it, if this was a better team we would have been put to the sword in a horrible manner.
Baldcock?

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Stockdale 8
Calderon 5
Greer 4
Dunk 6
Bennett 6
Ince 5
Gardner 3
JFC 6
Colunga 6
Baldock 4
O'Grady 5

Paddy 6
Tex 5

We were awful.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Stockdale 8
Calderon 5
Greer 3
Dunk 6
Bennett 6
Ince 6
Gardner 3
JFC 7
Colunga 6
Baldock 4
O'Grady 3

Paddy 6
Tex 5

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stockdale 7 Vast improvement and looked like a goalkeeper did well with Greer miscue.
Calderon 5 First touch is awful
Greer 5 Not his best game but still kept us in it.
Dunk 6 Did his usual and tried to get booked by kicking the ball away but it didnt work.
Bennett 6 Hot and cold good goal.
Ince 8 MOM defended well and set midfield going forward
JFC 6 Played very simple and basic balls mostly very accurately
Gardner 4 Not involved sufficientkly and shooting very wayward.
Colunga 5 Some nice moves but not consistent enough
Baldock 5 Tries but doesnt look like he will score
COG 3 Very poor offerd nothing seems a shame to have to pay to wash his kit.

Subs
McCourt 5 Ok but not enough runs
Teixeira 5 as for McCourt.

Hyppia and Jones 3 Totally inept performance given by THEIR TEAM and looking like relegation fodder.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Stockdale - 9. MOM. Looks to have taken criticism of his early seasons to heart and is responding well. Good job, otherwise we would have lost today

Calde - 6. Ok. Like last week, often in space, but rarely used as an outlet

Greer - 3. Rare poor game for us.

Dunk - 5.5. Below his recent standards. Still almost popped up with a goal

Bennett - 6. Good finish for the goal at the second attempt. One of our better signings but naive at times

Gardner - 3. Just awful. Again.

JFC - 6.5. Very good in the first half, but much less prominent in the second

Ince - 6.5. Still not back to his dominant best when he came into the team last year, but a decent performance

Colunga - 6.5. One of the few who offered any guile. Created chances in the first half, but woefully weak on the ball.

Baldock - 6. Often involved in the build up play, sometimes showing a nice touch, without ever really looking like scoring a goal

COG - 5. Poor. Offered virtually nothing

Coaching team: 4. I don't wish anyone out of a job, but they seem totally out of their depth. Time for a change.

I'll go with this, pretty close to how i saw it :thumbsup:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Stockdale 8

Calderon 4
Greer 3
Dunk 5
Bennett 7

Ince 5
JFC 7