Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hyypia

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Not scoring more goals than the opposition. Fix that, and the wins will come.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Management. Our strike force isn't the best in the division, not by a long shot, but it doesn't help that we aren't playing to their strengths. CMS and Baldock are the kind of strikers that will thrive on playing alongside a big man and that's not how Sami plays. Baldock was totally wasted out on the right today. If you want the best out of them (CMS and Baldock) you need to play two up top. As for Colunga he suits that "no.10" role of playing just behind the striker(s). He isn't an out and out target man and we were told this when we signed him!

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
The strikers have all been relegated but on the flip side have all scored elsewhere. They can score but you must play to their strengths. Why play Baldock or Colunga wide?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sad to say it, but I think SH's time is up - but his chances weren't improved by that shambolic close season, which won't have been all his fault. I don't think he's the only one who should be looking over his shoulder..............

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
The new players don't look as good as those they have replaced imo. Hyypia may be a poor manager, or not right for Brighton but that is harder to conclude at this stage imo.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I think it's a combination of things. Barber's obsession with FFP. Burke's poor recruitment, Wrong manager. Players under performing. When all taken I together, spells big problems. Needs TB to do a root and branch of the whole thing as the owner

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Sounds like Colunga and Baldock were good today but spent too much of their time out wide. Must be tactics wrong then - I reckon those 2 and CMS would score loads given the chances.

THIS. (Although I hate saying that)

SH to Baldcock:
"I know you're a striker Sam but I want you to loiter not exactly out wide, not quite put the ball in and not quite be there to maybe convert one of our plethora of chances. Oh and carry on tracking back to waste your energy."

SB:

FFS

Stumpy Tim

Can we put this "League 1" strikers thing to bed. COG has scored 15 goals in the Championship, Colunga has scored goals in the Spanish top flight, and Baldock & CMS have scored loads of goals elsewhere. They are just being crowded out due to our awful tactics

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here