Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wood burning stoves - bit of a fad or money saving wonder?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
We have a wood burner in our lounge and I'm wondering if it will be worth using only been in the house about a year and didn't bother last year (after getting the chimney tested cleaned etc) However it appears to me that they maybe just as if not more expense and hassle than using the Gas.

Any advice?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
We've got one, when the old man returns I'll report back on the money saved/not saved.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
We have a wood burner in our lounge and I'm wondering if it will be worth using only been in the house about a year and didn't bother last year (after getting the chimney tested cleaned etc) However it appears to me that they maybe just as if not more expense and hassle than using the Gas.

Any advice?

I used to have one and I loved it. It's free heat if you can be arsed to look out for and collect fuel wherever it may happen to present itself.

It was a bit like this one

B000922HCS.01-A3ILCXANSYO55Z._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

What's your one like?

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
i have one and as D H has said it's free heat if you can be bothered to go and get the wood. I got a load of gumtree where someone was clearing their garden out and chopped down a load of tree. Just need to let the wood dry out.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I've got a fallen tree on my estate if you want it (mountain ash, fell over a year ago). Bring a chainsaw...

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Love our wood burning stove.
Not sure it saves much money,but hard to beat for the cozy atmosphere created by the warmth and watching the glow of the flames through the glass front.
Wouldn't be without it.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Love our wood burning stove.
Not sure it saves much money,but hard to beat for the cozy atmosphere created by the warmth and watching the glow of the flames through the glass front.
Wouldn't be without it.

Absolutely this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here