Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sad I know, but I am so looking forward to Storage Wars UK.....

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
BP5NXzdCEAM0Bzp.jpg

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Head: "Its absolute trash, not worth the time of day"

Heart: "Fu*k off head, I'm watching the entire season"

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
You do realise the whole thing is set up? Including the bins? Still watch it though MONEY!

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Brrrrrr. Sold to yer wife for two and a half. Is Storage Hunters, the others are pale imitations. This is the UK cast. Grim!

no8pyaawt411h1jk41uf.jpg

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
I have no idea what this is about. Is it a reality show about storage centres like The Big Yellow in Coombe Road. I can't think of anything more dull.

bradx

Apr 10, 2011
Brighton
God I watch all of them compulsively. Even the repeats that I've seen three times before.
I started on Storage Wars which always seemed to be rooted in some vague form of reality. Dan Dotson is a real auctioneer. (Get well Dan - he had a stroke you know).

Then I moved onto Storage Hunters. This one definitely isn't to be trusted. The people on it aren't real dealers - they are wannabe comedians who can't get a break any other way (even Sean, the auctioneer).

From there I moved onto Baggage Battles. More comedians... although Billy's Antiques was meant to be the last vestige of the old Bowery in NYC (I believe he's sold up now).

After that, thirsting for stronger stuff, I got into Pawn Stars. Its not quite the same thing, but similar.... involving people bringing various odd things into a Las Vegas pawn shop, hoping for a big strike.

The other day though I happened on the worst and most monstrous incarnation of this particular breed of 'reality' tv.... Container Wars.
The folk on this show make Dave Huuuuup seem like a good natured philanthropist. They regularly bid upwards of $20,000 - $40,000 on containers. They don't know what they're bidding on half the time.... and seem to shrug philosophically when they lose thousands on a lot. For this reason it simply must be faked (even more faked than the others).
A more repulsive group of reptilian backstabbers you will never see.

As complete rubbish as these shows are - they are thoroughly entertaining. I've given up with most UK tv and I like these idiotic US shows.
I doubt the UK version will be much cop (Cops! now there's another great show).
I tried Salvage Hunters - but its not the same. I don't like Drew very much.

If you want to try completely fake rubbish - have you tried Lizard Lick Towing. Its a bit like a hillbilly TOWIE.

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
God I watch all of them compulsively. Even the repeats that I've seen three times before.
I started on Storage Wars which always seemed to be rooted in some vague form of reality. Dan Dotson is a real auctioneer. (Get well Dan - he had a stroke you know).

Then I moved onto Storage Hunters. This one definitely isn't to be trusted. The people on it aren't real dealers - they are wannabe comedians who can't get a break any other way (even Sean, the auctioneer).

From there I moved onto Baggage Battles. More comedians... although Billy's Antiques was meant to be the last vestige of the old Bowery in NYC (I believe he's sold up now).

After that, thirsting for stronger stuff, I got into Pawn Stars. Its not quite the same thing, but similar.... involving people bringing various odd things into a Las Vegas pawn shop, hoping for a big strike.

The other day though I happened on the worst and most monstrous incarnation of this particular breed of 'reality' tv.... Container Wars.
The folk on this show make Dave Huuuuup seem like a good natured philanthropist. They regularly bid upwards of $20,000 - $40,000 on containers. They don't know what they're bidding on half the time.... and seem to shrug philosophically when they lose thousands on a lot. For this reason it simply must be faked (even more faked than the others).
A more repulsive group of reptilian backstabbers you will never see.

As complete rubbish as these shows are - they are thoroughly entertaining. I've given up with most UK tv and I like these idiotic US shows.
I doubt the UK version will be much cop (Cops! now there's another great show).
I tried Salvage Hunters - but its not the same. I don't like Drew very much.

If you want to try completely fake rubbish - have you tried Lizard Lick Towing. Its a bit like a hillbilly TOWIE.

What channel is the container wars prog on???

bradx

Apr 10, 2011
Brighton
"The people are real but some scenes have been enhanced for your entertainment".
Can't say as I'm overwhelmed by Storage Hunters UK. It's populated by bellowing cockney barrow boys and shrieking over-made-up women.
I bet when they show it in the States they'll have to sub-title most of it.
One chap has invented his own catchphrase ..... "BOOOOOOOM". :(
Might take a while for some of the characters to 'bed in'.

Sean's his usual good humoured self. He's the best thing in it.
I expect I'll watch it when I can.... cuz as I say - I'm addicted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here