Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Singing / berating / nonsense

Phlard

Oct 22, 2014
What's going on with the berating to other fans in the N & NW corner? If you want to sing then sing but there's too much grief being thrown around just because people don't sing all the time. We're at a football match not XFactor. I don't expect to have to undertake an audition. Or be moaned at - get a grip.

The anti social behaviour of a small section in this corner of the ground ( we've had the whole spectrum of obscenities and prejudices this season) is also getting over the top.

I'd call on those people who think themselves some of BHAFCs more vocal fans to think of others - especially the kids who are hearing all this crud.

The team aren't performing brilliantly and some fans are joining them. Shame.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Stephen Fry once said the First Rule of [Pop] Music is sing/write about who and what is around you.

Why this is relevant is beyond me...

It is stupid though as one is supposed to berate the other fans. The only logical reason is that N can't really be heard by the away fans, so berate NW and NE for lack of noise conveyance.

Of course the illogical reason is that some fans think they are better/more hardcore than their brethren around the ground therefor if you decide not to follow the pack you are beneath them. One can only imagine how comical this is when observed by visiting fans.

Phlard

Oct 22, 2014
Stephen Fry once said the First Rule of [Pop] Music is sing/write about who and what is around you.

Why this is relevant is beyond me...

It is stupid though as one is supposed to berate the other fans. The only logical reason is that N can't really be heard by the away fans, so berate NW and NE for lack of noise conveyance.

Of course the illogical reason is that some fans think they are better/more hardcore than their brethren around the ground therefor if you decide not to follow the pack you are beneath them. One can only imagine how comical this is when observed by visiting fans.

Good points well made. Raised a smile.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I am a staunch critic of the Police Box Gang. There is a woman in particular who I am sure can have only minimal, if any, interest in the football given the way she carries on in her "look at me" manner (yes, it works...) regardless of what is happening on the pitch.

The good news is that tomorrow they are committed to spending the first ten minutes singing the Albion classics that people always join in with - followed by joining in themselves with the planned 15 minute "Tony Bloom's Blue and a White Army" chant that will start at 3.10.

Should be good.

Phlard

Oct 22, 2014
I am a staunch critic of the Police Box Gang. There is a woman in particular who I am sure can have only minimal, if any, interest in the football given the way she carries on in her "look at me" manner (yes, it works...) regardless of what is happening on the pitch.

The good news is that tomorrow they are committed to spending the first ten minutes singing the Albion classics that people always join in with - followed by joining in themselves with the planned 15 minute "Tony Bloom's Blue and a White Army" chant that will start at 3.10.

Should be good.

Arms waving and hands pumping the air like she's at a crap concert?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I'm quite near the Police Box Crew and I'm not too fussed by them, they certainly lift the atmosphere in that area of the stand. I'd rather people didn't leave early but the renditions of 'loyal supporters' are just unnecessary.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I'd rather people didn't leave early but the renditions of 'loyal supporters' are just unnecessary.
I didn't know they did that. Oh dear. If mad rave woman went to Gillingham then I'm Lionel Messi...

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I didn't know they did that. Oh dear. If mad rave woman went to Gillingham then I'm Lionel Messi...

In fairness to them I haven't heard it for a while, they've largely phased it out in favour of the mildly comical: "There's more than one train, there's more than one train, you stupid b*stards, there's more than one train" (or pie, depending on which half we're in).

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Probably why i am enjoying the away days more. Just sing and enjoy. Hopefully one day the North Stand and the rest of the ground will get behind the team as well.
Comes to something when fans are moaning about a very small section of the crowd.......a bit more vocal support elsewhere and around and i doubt anyone would notice or give a damn.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Put it this way, I'm now right next to police box gang and its a hell of a lot louder then the morgue that was EU

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
If the whole of the north were singing a song and it didn't agree with the NW then they'll carry on with their own song. Also as pointed out above, singing about other fans leaving early is absolutely pathetic and not needed. I think this NSK lot would benefit from sitting in the middle of the north stand if they want the atmosphere to improve more because they are clearly keen to get an atmosphere going.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I am not one of the PBF ( Police Box Firm) but I have sat in, or around, them on 2 or 3 occasions this season. They are loyal, funny, noisy and non stop in their support of the team. Last week they encouraged the north end of the West Stand to sing, and they duly did, they kept singing in the face of defeat unlike others, and yes, they do offer some mild critique of those leaving with 10 minutes left plus injury time. Overall they are the epitomy of Goldstone North Stand fans, and let's hope that more join them.

DNB_Seagull

Dirty Northerner. For now
Apr 27, 2014
If the whole of the north were singing a song and it didn't agree with the NW then they'll carry on with their own song. Also as pointed out above, singing about other fans leaving early is absolutely pathetic and not needed. I think this NSK lot would benefit from sitting in the middle of the north stand if they want the atmosphere to improve more because they are clearly keen to get an atmosphere going.

What about another singing group in the centre of the North stand? eMail club for a singing section there. Chances are the NSK might move to it.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach

Should be good.
What time in the game can I ask my friend when JFC is going to be taken off?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

Should be good.

Think I spotted the young lady you are talking about, doesn't wear many clothes??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here