Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dronegate: Serbia Gifted 3-0 Walkover...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Does the official definition of "behind closed doors" still allow for sponsor's guests etc (as long as they support the home team)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Does the official definition of "behind closed doors" still allow for sponsor's guests etc (as long as they support the home team)

I wanted to start a thread about that.

Whether or not, the support from a few hundred had any effect on the result (there are a lot of factors involved), it is remarkable that UEFA saw fit to include sponsors for an invisible game. Why include them when Man City fans, whom had done nothing wrong, were banned?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I wanted to start a thread about that.

Whether or not, the support from a few hundred had any effect on the result (there are a lot of factors involved), it is remarkable that UEFA saw fit to include sponsors for an invisible game. Why include them when Man City fans, whom had done nothing wrong, were banned?

I thought Man City's sponsors should, in all fairness, have been allowed to take their "guests" along too.....???

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
FIFA are as inept and bent as UEFA.

The Serbia/Albania game should have been played at a neutral venue (as should the 'return' in Tirana). It was never going to go off peacefully given their recent past. And wtf is the 3-0 walkover about? Albania players, apart from initially remonstrating with the Serb player who grabbed the flag, did what exactly to justify the outcome? Pegged it from the pitch when the Serb tossers came on to attack them. There were NO Albanian fans allowed in the stadium - why was that? Was it because of past mis-demeanours from the Tirana Ultras? No. Because the Serb tossers decided to ban them. And that was sanctioned by FIFA was it? No,thought not. Hopefully Albania will get this ridiculous decision overturned.

Their results and performances over the last few years have taken them from perennial whipping boys to being competitive with half a chance of qualifying. But not unless this ridiculous judgement gets over-turned.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
The correct action I think. I watched the "whole game" and the Albanians were most definitely at fault, so the 3-0 walkover is fully justified. Serbia had to be punished because some fans got on the pitch and that's their responsibility. The best judgement is that neither team should get any points from the game.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I remember seeing a headline about a drone at a Man City game (?), and it sort of reminded me of the atmosphere created by poor performances at the Amex :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here