Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
chike-kandi-241014-l229-2036839_478x359.jpg

Chike Kandi signs for Brighton.
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
19:26 24th October 2014
by Adam Tighe
I was able to text Rohan, Jesse and George and they told me the good things about the club that I wasn’t aware of"
Chike Kandi

New under-21 signing Chike Kandi says glowing reports from his former Chelsea colleagues at Brighton & Hove Albion convinced him to move to the Seagulls.Kandi knows first-team midfielder Rohan Ince and under-21 players George Cole and Jesse Starkey, and the forward explained that their positivity about the club helped him choose Brighton over Premier League West Bromwich Albion.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I was able to text Rohan, Jesse and George and they told me the good things about the club that I wasn’t aware of. That was definitely something that influenced my decision.
cole-230914-l229-1937074.jpg

“Rohan less so, but George, Jesse and me played in the same team. Rohan was a bit older and ahead of me, but I played with Jesse for about two years and George for about three years. We were close and became good friends.
“I was on trial at West Brom when Simon Ireland spotted me at the game when I played against Brighton earlier this month. Simon called Mark Anderson to say try and get this boy in.
“So Mark called my Mum, and although we already had an offer from West Brom, we decided to let that sit and come to Brighton and give the club a chance. I am really pleased I did.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Kandi confirmed that once he came down to Brighton everything seemed right on and off the pitch – and he has been very impressed by the club’s set-up.“Mark sold the club well and then once I got here, the lads were great and the facilities were first-class.
“On the pitch, I felt I was playing well and fitted into the system here. Off the pitch, the club have thought about and taken care of everything and it’s been a good experience overall.”
[h=3]ALBION V rotherham
[/h] SATURDAY 25TH OCTOber, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V wigan
[/h] tuesday 4th november, KICK-OFF 7:45PM

[h=3]Albion v blackburn
[/h] SATURDAY 8TH NOVEMber, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here