Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harty SOCKS it to Barber in the Worthing Herald

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"Firstly, the length of it is, in my opinion, an issue – three pages is far too long."

Too long is not long enough for Barber :lolol:

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
Harty is 100% spot on here - the management need to be very careful that the 'new' and floating supporters don't start to leave in their droves. This is not a small town where the team and match is everything, there are plenty of distractions and if people don't feel its good value or even entertaining they will stay away. PLR is all good and well but perhaps Paul B needs to better understand just how floating the fan base here actually is because if he doesn't and the team and product continues to be disappointing to the majority, then the Amex will be 10-15,000 max and the losses will get far worse and far more quickly.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Still waiting for Harty to write an article getting behind the team and manager and trying to whip up the crowd to cheer them on.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Shame he has fallen into the English manager trap

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
He's spot on. He's old school like lot of us unlike most of these sad acts on here.

Is it wrong to be anything other than 'old school'? Are younger fans who weren't around in the 'good old days' somehow less valuable?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
He's spot on. He's old school like lot of us unlike most of these sad acts on here.

Indeed. And for those of us old enough to remember, we know that even if we do reach the "promised land" of the top flight, whatever name it exists as, is no guarantee of full houses. Those too young to remember, take a look at our crowds under Mike Bailey a couple of years into our stay in the top flight, compared to those we were getting in the fight to reach Division 1. Football crowds are a fickle bunch, and I fear a lot of people have forgotten or chosen to ignore the size of our true hardcore who will turn up regardless.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"While I don’t like wishing unemployment on anybody"

Sami Hyppia getting sacked? Wouldnt happen in Germany.......oh.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I don't think they have to be British, but someone with proven knowledge and experience of the league should be essential.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think that we have been the exception with a constantly full new stadium. If you look at a lot of the new grounds, Sunderland/ middles boro/ Huddersfield/ Bolton etc, the initial euphoria doesn't last that long and when a club starts to struggle, it is reflected by a sea
of empty seats.

By giving out a attendance based on St sold and purchases, anyone looking at the newspaper must think that it doesn't matter if it's shite football, the crowds are still brilliant. Those of us there week in week out know the reality.

Harty is right in his column to emphasise barbers comments and how we as customers are perceived. As much as people criticised the phone in when I did it for a while, we never shied away from having people on who were critical of the way things were being run. Now this is still happening with paul s doing the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here