Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tesco Hudl

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Our kids have got the mk1 hudl, they are ok but very fragile (drop them and they break, also the charging port is easily damaged). I've had a mess around with the new hudl2 and it seems a bit quicker and the touch screen is more responsive than the original. If they have made them a bit more robust and improved the camera, they are probably good value for £120.

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
Got one with Clubcard vouchers last year. It's ok for email, browsing and simple apps. Camera is crap.
Quite good battery life.

i would agree with all of this and add that it is better than the wifes kindle.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I would go for a kindle or Samsung ahead of the hudl purely on the basis that they are so fragile.
Our neighbours' kids had a Mk1 which broke when dropped. Replaced with the Mk2 and the charging port pushed in the first time they used it. They now have a Kindle Fire which seems more child friendly.
I realise you are not a child but you still might like something which is reasonably robust

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
They have a problem with online banking apps. Payments in end up dated a month early and outgoings show on a second page which has a really tiny link.

Other than that they're fine.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Our kids have got the mk1 hudl, they are ok but very fragile (drop them and they break, also the charging port is easily damaged). I've had a mess around with the new hudl2 and it seems a bit quicker and the touch screen is more responsive than the original. If they have made them a bit more robust and improved the camera, they are probably good value for £120.

same on Apple's latest bunch, the Lightning Lead is about as fragile as James Dean. Seems to wear out an awful lot. Just got an iPad Air as a gift and am guarding the wire with my life!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Gadgets and other electronics will never fair well in kids hands. Nothing wrong with my Hudl's build. The other points you make are fair comments.
I'm considering getting the MK2

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
same on Apple's latest bunch, the Lightning Lead is about as fragile as James Dean. Seems to wear out an awful lot. Just got an iPad Air as a gift and am guarding the wire with my life!

We have 2 phones (5 & 5S) and 2 iPads (Mini & Mini2) with this connector, not a single issue to report :shrug:

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
We have 2 phones (5 & 5S) and 2 iPads (Mini & Mini2) with this connector, not a single issue to report :shrug:

No? Well it's good to hear of someone who has good luck with them wires. We have two 5C and one iPad in the house, and all of our leads have connection to the phone attachment damaged by wear, literally as if the wire has physically come out but the rubber is still attached. The same shan't happen a third time!

BeardyChops

Jan 24, 2009
hudl 2 is actually a pretty good tablet in its own right. Seems good build quality, speed etc. The camera isn't great, but tablets aren't really suited to camera use anyway.
Unlike Kindle you get the Google apps and access to the Google Play store.

At the price, esp if you have clubcard points, it's amazing value.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here