Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election Poll

Who would you vote for if the Elections were tomorrow?

• Total voters

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
A lot has been happening politically over the past few weeks so I thought I would run a new poll to see how NSC users would vote were the General Election tomorrow.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I like the fact it's a public poll - good call.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
I voted UKIP by mistake , if it was an election tomorrow I would vote Tories probably , but in May it might be UKIP depends what policies they come up with in the meantime .

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Voted UKIP, those damn Brussels bureaucrats make my blood boil

Last edited:

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Interesting to see not one liberal yet

To be honest, you could probably have missed them off the list completely, I cannot imagine anyone voting for them again

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Normally labour though and though but seriously considering voting UKIP

There could be a lot more tactical voting at the next general election. How you vote might depend on what constituency you live in. For example, eurosceptic Tories might attract votes from folk who might otherwise vote for UKIP. LibDems in Lewes might continue to attract Labour voters to keep the Tories out. Green supporters in Hove might vote Labour.

Asking people how they will vote isn't asking the same question as asking who they want to win the election.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There could be a lot more tactical voting at the next general election. How you vote might depend on what constituency you live in. For example, eurosceptic Tories might attract votes from folk who might otherwise vote for UKIP. LibDems in Lewes might continue to attract Labour voters to keep the Tories out. Green supporters in Hove might vote Labour.

Asking people how they will vote isn't asking the same question as asking who they want to win the election.
Exactly.

I'm voting for the candidate most likely to ensure a UKIP defeat in my constituency, whoever that may be.

Exactly.

I'm voting for the candidate most likely to ensure a UKIP defeat in my constituency, whoever that may be.
Bearing in mind what was said after the last two by-elections ...

"Vote UKIP and get Labour" (Cameron);
"Vote Conservative and get Labour" (Farage);
"Vote Labour" (Miliband) …

… it's difficult to see anything but a Labour landslide looming.

No. I refuse to vote tactically. You are supposed to vote for the mp you want to represent you at parliment. If you do anything else you are part of the problem.
We really do need a better voting system to stop this nonsene.
MPs represent individual voters? When did that come about? Candidates stand as representatives of political parties. And when they get to parliament, they mostly continue to represent their party.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
MPs represent individual voters? When did that come about? Candidates stand as representatives of political parties. And when they get to parliament, they mostly continue to represent their party.

If you are saying that a Labour voter cannot expect a Tory MP to ask a question in the house, then you do not know what you are talking about. I have seen it done. Many many times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here