Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk rumors

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I know there is probably nothing in it but the rumors have started i see,'West Ham after Lewis Dunk for £5m' Greeted me on Facebook this morning.
What is pretty obvious though,as per last season and the season before we will get offers for Dunk sooner rather than later.So far we have buckled and every player has been sold.I really think Dunk could go all the way and at the moment even 5m is a bloody joke.Cant wait until the transfer window open again.:(

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I know there is probably nothing in it but the rumors have started i see,'West Ham after Lewis Dunk for £5m' Greeted me on Facebook this morning.
What is pretty obvious though,as per last season and the season before we will get offers for Dunk sooner rather than later.So far we have buckled and every player has been sold.I really think Dunk could go all the way and at the moment even 5m is a bloody joke.Cant wait until the transfer window open again.:(

You should follow NSC - we circulated that on Wednesday night.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
That was on a WHU website and reported on here a few days ago. I wonder if Arsenal would come sniffing or good game against Tottenham could set them on the way.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
You should follow NSC - we circulated that on Wednesday night.

I did think it might have appeared but i couldnt see it, i am not on here all the time!

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
£5m is a joke for a player who had a to be subbed off at half-time as we was so bad a few games ago?

He's a good player, could be a very good one but he's a had a couple of very poor games this season, I can't believe a club would pay £5m for him

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It is reportedly the level of a buy-out clause in his new contract ???

The term 'buy-out clause' is a bit of a misnomer though - it never actually means that. Isn't it really "the figure at which the club is obliged to make the player aware of the bidding club's interest, and to allow the player to speak with them?"

There is no obligation to accept that bid. See Arsenal's £40,000,001 bid for Suarez for illustration.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
£5m is a joke for a player who had a to be subbed off at half-time as we was so bad a few games ago?

He's a good player, could be a very good one but he's a had a couple of very poor games this season, I can't believe a club would pay £5m for him

Ulloa had a few bad games and looked pretty ordinary sometimes.Its the bigger picture though isnt it?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

I read this days ago and ignored it as a joke ....................I think it came off a blog by a west ham supporter

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

He was subbed at half time because he was one trivial tackle away from being sent off according to the manager after the game , true he did not have the best of games but in todays market 5 million is peanuts for a player of Dunks ability , he has so much potential and he has age on his side , it would not suprise me one jot if we do not see Dunk pull on a England shirt in the not to distant future .

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
A young English CB who scores goals in the Championship.
Can see a few bids coming our way in January.

We'll sell him for £6m and buy League Two's highest rated CB for £500,000.

Apr 17, 2011
Shoreham
I am a big fan of Dunks, and would be mortified if he was to go to a club like West Ham. He deserves a bigger club(not Leeds) where he will gain the recognition he deserves. Not sure who but a club where he will be able to progress and become involved in the England set up.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
A young English CB who scores goals in the Championship.
Can see a few bids coming our way in January.

We'll sell him for £6m and buy League Two's highest rated CB for £500,000.

We have Hughes for experience and we have Rea and Dallison coming through (I suspect Pappoe's anger issues will rule him out of a future with us). IMO we will take the money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here