Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

NSC Show Off Thread - Quote Yourself

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Saw Liam Dickinson's name pop up in another thread and it reminded me a) of his existence then b) of this thread;

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...e-Player-Ratings&highlight=Carlisle+Dickinson

My thoughts at the time were;

Dickinson ST - 5 (Really poor performance, and slightly worrying. Technically very poor throughout, but the perceived lack of effort was the concern. No contribution and poor work rate in the first half, didn't compete or make any attempt to get close to Forster, who carried him throughout the match.
Was very surprised to see him come out for the second half, and not much better. After a poor piece of control in front of our fans, got a bit of stick which is obviously heard, and worked a little harder for the next minute or so, completing one of his only successful passes all game.
Also, despite how poor he was throughout, managed to assist the second goal with an excellent cross for Forster to tap in, but then, again worryingly, didn't celebrate the goal, but turned and jogged back to the half way line. Hart was ready to come on for him just before the second goal, but the substitution was delayed a while to see if he'd improve with the assist. He didn't.
First time having seen him play (as an Albion player) I was surprised by how little he jumped. He has this odd technique of getting under the ball, holding the defender off, then back-heading a flick on almost vertically in the air. Is this normal from him?
IMHO probably the worst player on the field on the day, but his contribution to the second goal sealed the game.

I knew after seeing this performance, in my head at least, that he could never cut it in League One (as we were at the time, in the lower reaches).

I throw this open to NSC to show off - when were you right, maybe in the face of abuse from NSC, being either positive or negative about any player, manager or even policy. Your chance to set the record straight!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Those of you who think you are right are annoying to those of us who always are.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I always get it wrong, always. It's a skill, a burden too yes, and something I carry akin to a heavy load down this endless, endless road to somewhere I don't think I'll ever quite live to see. Much like a Greek conscript in the vast army of Alexander the Great, I march in strange lands, far from home, born to die at the whim of a man finally eroded by glory, and power.

Kosh

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I've never gone in the Wrong Direction on here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here