Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

EU to charge Britain more money due to success of economy....

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I can see UKIP getting some power
and closing our borders

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Oh dear. The timing is wonderful. I imagine when the British economy was struggling we were awarded extra money from the community? If not...well.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I can only see UKIP gaining massivly from this if this is paid by the tories, the ball is in your court

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009

D

Deleted member 22389

Thing is they want all this money but then they won't meet us halfway on things like immigration. It's just one bad deal after another with this lot.
Cameron should tell them to do one and refuse to give any extra until they sort out some of these issues.

Anyone heard of the **** hotel?
http://www.garry-bushell.co.uk/brussels.htm

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/11184044/EU-makes-Britain-pay-for-recovery.html

Sooner we get a referendum on this incompetent pile of crap the better.

Single market yes.
Single superstate with unelected leaders (Barosso, etc.), no thanks.

My initial thought was WTF.....this cant be true,what ballocks those figures are far too high........however

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/23/uk-european-commission-eu-budget-contribution

figures from the FT website

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/81f4a330-5aa2-11e4-8625-00144feab7de.html#axzz3H1q0P7if

are saying the surcharge comes on top of the net UK contribution to the EU budget, which was £8.6bn in 2013.

the preliminary figures show that

UK pays an extra €2.1bn
Netherlands pays an extra €642m,

Germany receives a rebate of €779m,
France a rebate of €1bn
Poland a rebate of €316m.

EU officials say the calculation simply reflects the longstanding practice of adjusting contributions of countries according to their pace of growth. “Britain’s contribution reflects an increase in wealth, just as in Britain you pay more to the Inland Revenue if your earnings go up,” said Patrizio Fiorilli, a Commission spokesperson.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Surely the formula used to set national contributions to the EU is set in advance? If not it is tantamount to you or I agreeing to being surcharged for having a good job 10 years ago whist being on the dole right now!

Overall I support the idea of a free trade zone and therefore the EU as a vehicle to enable this. But they really do not do themselves any favours with both the substance of this edict and the timing which looks to be aimed fairly and squarely at causing trouble within the UK political classes.

The worrying part is that I can only see things getting worse. As the EU becomes more federal and powerful and all encompassing with each passing year the bureaucrats will get braver and interfere more as they see fit. Nigel Falange must be laughing his socks off this morning.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Great the French get yet another huge payout

And the Germans - that's going to feck [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION] right off given apparently Germany is better at everything yet it clearly has a worse performing economy than ours !

If I were CMD I'd tell the EU to get stuffed and just not pay it.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
My initial thought was WTF.....this cant be true,what ballocks those figures are far too high........however

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/23/uk-european-commission-eu-budget-contribution

figures from the FT website

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/81f4a330-5aa2-11e4-8625-00144feab7de.html#axzz3H1q0P7if

are saying the surcharge comes on top of the net UK contribution to the EU budget, which was £8.6bn in 2013.

the preliminary figures show that

UK pays an extra €2.1bn
Netherlands pays an extra €642m,

Germany receives a rebate of €779m,
France a rebate of €1bn
Poland a rebate of €316m.

EU officials say the calculation simply reflects the longstanding practice of adjusting contributions of countries according to their pace of growth. “Britain’s contribution reflects an increase in wealth, just as in Britain you pay more to the Inland Revenue if your earnings go up,” said Patrizio Fiorilli, a Commission spokesperson.

To an idiot like me without getting my calculator out like they have said well done Britain and its hard working people on your austerity measures, we will now fine you for your good work and divide up amongst countries who either did not aswell or could not be arsed..... And that's why idiots like me may just vote for UKIP.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
To an idiot like me without getting my calculator out like they have said well done Britain and its hard working people on your austerity measures, we will now fine you for your good work and divide up amongst countries who either did not aswell or could not be arsed..... And that's why idiots like me may just vote for UKIP.

And it's why PEOPLE like you are NOT idiots.

D

Deleted member 22389

The EU are just middle men taking money from hard working tax payers. What exactly do these people do for their money apart from pissing millions of people off and creating further misery for the poor countries who got sucked in to taking the failed Euro.

I suppose this money goes to pay for the lovely buildings, massive salaries, yes unfortunately I understand that does include Farage however at least he has exposed the EU for what this really is, because without him I would have been blind to the bullshit that is the EU.

This whole organisation needs streamlining from top to bottom.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The way it will be read is that we are going to subsidise a German and French rebate, yep that will go down well
The timing is superb it's like they want to wind up even more people.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
We are experiencing a short blip of growth largely thanks to our government propping up an already over valued housing market. Meanwhile the Germans aren’t doing as well as the world is going through a slow down and there is less demand for their manufactured goods

Makes perfect senses that when economies growth you pay more, the Germans and French were paying more a couple of years back when they were growing.

Yet again our right wing increasingly euro-skeptic press are hyping things up and we’re increasingly looking like the idiot in the room

we are experiencing a short blip of growth largely thanks to our government propping up an already over valued housing market. Meanwhile the germans aren’t doing as well as the world is going through a slow down and there is less demand for their manufactured goods

makes perfect senses that when economies growth you pay more, the germans and french were paying more a couple of years back when they were growing.

Yet again our right wing increasingly euro-skeptic press are hyping things up and we’re increasingly looking like the idiot in the room

Thats because we are the idiot in the room!:moo: We need our own room with a lock on it.(inside):rolleyes:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here