Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst food hygene ratings in Sussex

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Some surprises there, including The Crown at Turners Hill. Have eaten there before and not suffered, so perhaps its gone down er.. the hill?

Plus the coffee place on platform 3/4 at Three Bridges. Quite often get a coffee there. Can much go wrong with a black coffee in a paper cup?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Takes a special kind of establishment to score zero stars out of a possible five :sick:

Absolutely, the effort to be so bad must be similar to trying to be really good.

I think beyond hygiene issues its a reflection on every other part of their business, can you imagine how and with whom they source their food before they then contaminate it and sell it to us, if I was an inspection officer in any governmental department I would check any of those with a rating of 2 and below, easy work.

Jasmine Garden Burgess Hill is a shock, as is The Fresh Fish Shop in Haywards Heath.

Both have had my regular custom, not any more though.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Bangkok Express has one star. I have eaten there many many times and it's always excellent and I've never been ill

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Quite regularly frequent the crown at Turners Hill, Not sure I'll be eating next time though. How bad must the kitchens be to get 0/5.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
There's some bizarre entries on that list though - Best One, Hangleton Way is nothing but a small newsagents / convenience store. Why on earth would they need to be rated ? Regardless I've never had a problem there.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
There's some bizarre entries on that list though - Best One, Hangleton Way is nothing but a small newsagents / convenience store. Why on earth would they need to be rated ? Regardless I've never had a problem there.

Their cold cabinent, Sandwiches, sausage rolls etc

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Buying the Sun/Economist doesn't lead to a dodgy tummy, or does it?

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Anywhere that serves food needs to be in the scheme. I guess for the local convenience stores and newsagents, it's to stop them selling out of date food and products to be properly chilled or heated.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
I'm personally surprised at La Galleria in Shoreham with just one star - always thought that place was ok.

EDIT: Just had a thought and perhaps it's run by true Italian Mafia who don't give two monkeys about hygiene and will ensure that this one star mysteriously changes to five in the coming days. Balls are set to be broken.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Jasmine Garden Burgess Hill is a shock, as is The Fresh Fish Shop in Haywards Heath.

Both have had my regular custom, not any more though.

Not surprised about the Fresh Fish shop in HH it stinks and I remember when I was younger working in Oxleys Fish Shop Goring Rd and the owner telling me that if you can smell a fish shop it is only because it hasnt been cleaned down properly over the time and this has stuck with me. Sainsburys and Waitrose fish counters dont smell but that shop, certainly does.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Ordered a few times from Kebab Nite and Golden Grill and they've always been ok for a kebab place. Probably avoid in future though, not like there's no other options.

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Some of the Indian/Chinese establishment in my local area around London Road have low ratings. Just from the look from outside puts me off them, tbh.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Blimey the Sussex Yoeman is a suprise! It's always serves a superb Sunday roast. I haven't been for a while but 1 star?? Blimey!

Pleased to see Grubbs in York place get a 5, Saltdean Fishbar and my kids school!!
Oh yeah and the Amex is 5 star.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here