Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Roberts is our friend...........

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Wasn't it "Harry Roberts is our mate..... He kills coppers.

Not that I was ever a Northstander.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Released today after 48, yes 48, years for killing 3 unarmed policeman (makes me ashamed for dining the song as a kid, although I did not really understand it at the time).

Although I do believe that a life sentence should mean life, it really does show the change in attitudes to crime in the modern day. Would anyone even get sentenced to 48 years nowadays?

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Released today after 48, yes 48, years for killing 3 unarmed policeman (makes me ashamed for dining the song as a kid, although I did not really understand it at the time).

Although I do believe that a life sentence should mean life, it really does show the change in attitudes to crime in the modern day. Would anyone even get sentenced to 48 years nowadays?

He never did, he got 3 life sentances and has served 18 years over that.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
He never did, he got 3 life sentances and has served 18 years over that.
Sorry my mistake. Crime committed in 66, sent to prison in 69. His minimum term was 30 years, has served 45, glad to have been able to correct myself.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Flip me it's going to be a culture shock for him. How different is the world now to what it was back then.....it's in colour for a start! :lolol:

"Here Harry they are talking about you online...."

"What's an online?"

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Yes, it was mate, as I was a Northstander then and sang along, to my deep shame now. I was only 15 at the time but can recall that I did not really believe what I was singing, as I knew what he did was a horrible crime. Not wanting to be too dramatic, I suppose, it just shows the stupid things that some people can do and also the dangers of what one is capable of in the pack mentality.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Yes, it was mate, as I was a Northstander then and sang along, to my deep shame now. I was only 15 at the time but can recall that I did not really believe what I was singing, as I knew what he did was a horrible crime. Not wanting to be too dramatic, I suppose, it just shows the stupid things that some people can do and also the dangers of what one is capable of in the pack mentality.

This sums it up - though we were only kids!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here