Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton fan makes documentary on Football Manager

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
He appeared recently on Albion Roar and the documentary is supposed to be superb (not seen it yet).

For anyone interested in Football Manager (and, I suppose, Champ Manager before it) there is an interview with the director of Football Manager: An Alternative Reality online HERE.

Nice chap and Albion season ticket holder.

On the subject of FM and the Albion. What FM formation/approach would people play if they were the current Albion manager?

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I've been following this documentary for a while now. Didn't know it was an Albion fan behind the camera!

I've been using something akin to Sami's tactics in FM14. Main difference is I'm playing two wingers and two up front as well:

FM14_Tactic.PNG

In my formation the centre backs stay back with an anchor man sitting just in front of them. The keeper is a sweeper keeper so comfortable coming out should the back three lose a man.

The wing backs bomb forward at every opportunity, supporting the two wingers who roam about a bit. The central midfielder will get forward when safe but generally patrols around the halfway line.

The two men up front are more or less camped in the final third at all times, feeding off the crosses and through balls from the wingers and wing backs.

It's brought me some success:

1 Champions League win
4 Premier League titles
3 FA Cup wins
4 Capital One Cup wins
2 Community Shield wins
1 Sky Bet Championship wins

I'm really quite pleased with it. Its the first time a tactic I've devised has paid off as much as this one has.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
As anyone who has read the last FM thread will know, I need to be kept away from that electronic heroin.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here