Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why does Bloom escape criticism on here?

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Everyone is quick to criticise Barber, Burke, Hyypia and Jones yet the man who employs these people is forever talked about like some sort of god. I fully understand that without Bloom we could well be in a very dark place, but why does he escape the criticism? He made a promise to fans that by the end of the transfer window we would have a squad capable of finishing in the play offs, when instead we have a team that would struggle to make the play offs in the womens league. Im not saying for 1 minute that he should go, course not. I just think its unfair to blame everyone else when in reality the buck stops with him. For what its worth i feel really sorry for Sami Hyypia, He was sold this vision that quite frankly does'nt exist.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Because he's subsidising our season tickets.

If anyone believes TB isn't the most dissatisfied at how things are currently then they are deluded. His comittment to this project isn't in question.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i didn't think he does.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He is not the one in the limelight as regards on the field performances. He employs the manager and in doing so gives him the amunition to do the job and it is up to the manager to carry ou the task. The manager accepted the situation on his appointment and would have said he was happy with the conditions and confident he could do the job.

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
Why should 1 person subsidise the club. The biggest challange over the next 5 - 10 years will be to make BHA self sufficient, and rightly so.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'll criticise him for his driving. On Saturday he drove down the outside of the longish queue on the University slip road and then cut into the correct lane to exit the main road at the last minute, diving into a small gap. He then switched to the inside lane and drove up to the top past all the queuing traffic again and cut in at the roundabout.

He's Tony Bloom, he doesn't do queuing. Nice car too

Skylar

Banned
Jul 29, 2014
Doesn't bother me if we go bust and bloom doesn't recoup his money. I'm sure him and his family will survive and carry on living the life they do now. Football is a sport, not life and death.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I have always wondered what TB would need to do before some on here criticise him. I'm sure there are many fans of Cardiff and Hull that also think their chairmen can do what they like because of they money they have put into there clubs.

It was interesting that when Chelsea employed the fat Spanish waiter their fans (or a large percentage) blamed everyone except the person who employed him.

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Because he simply doesn't deserve it. He is the guy who paid for the new stadium. I didn't notice anyone else offer at the time. Not unreasonably, having stuffed all that money in, he leaves much of the day to day stuff to his managers. So would I if I was worth as much as him. To me he's not far short of a hero for so doing - and yes, I think the world of Dick Knight too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Because he simply doesn't deserve it. He is the guy who paid for the new stadium. I didn't notice anyone else offer at the time. Not unreasonably, having stuffed all that money in, he leaves much of the day to day stuff to his managers. So would I if I was worth as much as him. To me he's not far short of a hero for so doing - and yes, I think the world of Dick Knight too.

Have a tit for tat thumbs down.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Everyone is quick to criticise Barber, Burke, Hyypia and Jones yet the man who employs these people is forever talked about like some sort of god. I fully understand that without Bloom we could well be in a very dark place, but why does he escape the criticism? He made a promise to fans that by the end of the transfer window we would have a squad capable of finishing in the play offs, when instead we have a team that would struggle to make the play offs in the womens league. Im not saying for 1 minute that he should go, course not. I just think its unfair to blame everyone else when in reality the buck stops with him. For what its worth i feel really sorry for Sami Hyypia, He was sold this vision that quite frankly does'nt exist.
Yeah great point. Bloom out! Er no hang on a sec!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
instead we have a team that would struggle to make the play offs in the womens league.
This is complete nonsense. Our team would win the women's league with maximum points and by an average match scoreline of something like 38-0.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Doesn't bother me if we go bust and bloom doesn't recoup his money. I'm sure him and his family will survive and carry on living the life they do now. Football is a sport, not life and death.
It's more important than that lad!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here