Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What type of bread person are you?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Granary bread,

As a side question where do you store bread? Personally we have a bread bin where it lives, however my parents have always stored bread in the fridge. Mum says it lasts longer!

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Granary bread,

As a side question where do you store bread? Personally we have a bread bin where it lives, however my parents have always stored bread in the fridge. Mum says it lasts longer!

I just keep the bread in the wrapping on the side, never kept it in the fridge

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All sorts, whatever takes my fancy from the bakery.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Baguette.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
A wander up to Ravens does nothing for my sense of decisiveness. Once I'm there, I cannot choose - so tempting are the fresh bakery smells. Oh, granary it is, then.

I also like ciabatta bread as a burger bun. Too many good burgers (I'm thinking of you, Fountainhead) are lessened by soggy, plappy bread buns.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Any. Only as long as it's got cheese and MARMITE on it!

Toast it, toast it! I pity any country that doesn't have Marmite. ( Oh! Only us then.)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Prefer uncut bread usually from Sainsburys but the problem is we dont eat a lot of bread nowadays and it doesnt keep like the ' good old days'.

Things to do with 'old bread' from an uncut loaf...

1. Cut the leftovers into cubes, smother in olive oil, finely chopped rosemary and garlic, and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, and you have perfect croutons.
2. Take the bread, cut off the crusts and whiz in a blender/chopper thingy, then add blackpepper, paprika and dried oregano and thyme, and you have perfect breadcrumbs
3. Walk to the park and kill ducks with them (see 'About A Boy').

:)

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Having got a bread maker I make a fresh loaf every other day and it's infinitely cheaper, tastier and healthier than Hovis. It works out at about 15-20p a loaf.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Things to do with 'old bread' from an uncut loaf...

1. Cut the leftovers into cubes, smother in olive oil, finely chopped rosemary and garlic, and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, and you have perfect croutons.
2. Take the bread, cut off the crusts and whiz in a blender/chopper thingy, then add blackpepper, paprika and dried oregano and thyme, and you have perfect breadcrumbs
3. Walk to the park and kill ducks with them (see 'About A Boy').

:)

You missed the best 2 uses, old fashioned bread pudding and bread and butter pudding

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Anything thick and sliced. Stored in the freezer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here