Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pulis - WTF?

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Why are so many NSCers suddenly saying we should get Pulis? For a start I doubt he'd come but who really believes that with Blooms desire to stick with a certain style (I happen to agree with him a club has to have a clear vision and going for Pulis would be totally against this) that he'd go for him. Not to mention Pulis is one of the most arrogant and annoying managers out there. I for one hope SH can turn it around, if not I hope and believe that we will go for someone with a coaching and playing style that matches our club. It strikes me some on here are freaking out and plumping for the "winning ugly" option. Which by the way is never nailed on who ever we may get in the future.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I'd like Pulis, but I don't think many of our players could fit into his style of play, so it's never going to happen.

SAC

May 21, 2014
The anti football tag came from the managers of top six clubs who went to Stoke and lost. The fans of these clubs then lapped it up as it was easier than admitting they were out-played. Stoke fans still speak very highly of him, although admit that he liked to park the bus for away matches.

I expect Pulis to take over at Sunderland or Newcastle before the end of the year, he wont be managing in the Championship.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Why would a club trying to a) Be financially secure and b) bring through youngsters want to appoint a manager who spent shitloads of money and never played youngsters?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thankfully it would never happen at least not in the forseeable future. Different if we were struggling in the Premier as per CPFC when he joined them.

The Red Adair of the Premier.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Why are so many NSCers suddenly saying we should get Pulis?

because they are, to be frank, stupid. they see that a manager that had some more success than excepted, and with simple direct football, is available and think he will want to come here. they overlook that he spent relatively large amounts for that success, which we can provide, and we don't have a squad to work his tactics, having had an emphasis on neat ball work on the ground for several years and 2-3 managers.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Have we got a style of play this season? If we have its not working

No, you are right, but my point was that Pulis likes big, athletics players that bully the opposition. I'd be happy for him to do that here, but it's never going to happen with our squad.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Have we got a style of play this season? If we have its not working

There is most certainly an attempt at a plan, however I agree it's not working. My point is I believe a football club needs philosophy to go by and just because things get tricky doesn't mean we should abandon it and plump for hoof ball. I don't think Bloom would do this but I find it staggering how quickly people want us to go backwards philosophy wise!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
He left Palace in a huff because they wouldn't let him spend as much of the Sky millions on players as he wanted.

And somebody thinks he'd fit right in here? :thud:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here