Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

#Wallofnoise - sign up to back the team

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
As posted on the away fans thread, I believe the 15 minute rendition of #TonyBloom'sBlueandWhiteArmy last night genuinely helped the team get back in the game. It's a chant that doesn't require learning words or competing between stands or between cliques in the North. It just requires a commitment to sing along, clap along or both, no excuses. If enough of us do it we can create the #Wallofnoise that the players need at home. Remember the Great Escape against Burnley, we lost but we all felt good that we had done our bit and it brought the whole club closer together.

Whatever your views about the manager, the quality of the players, Barber, Burke or beer prices, we all agree that without Tony Bloom we would be so much worse off. So I challenge all of you to commit to joining in #TonyBloom'sBlueandWhiteArmy from the 10th minute on Saturday. Post below to give your commitment to the #Wallofnoise, and whether and where you are willing to help get it going.

PG (WSU Block G):clap2::clap2:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
WSU Block H

I am an enthusiastic supporter of this plan.

Along with it should be an aim for the first ten minutes to be a special effort at a continuous run through of Albion traditional classics.

Will the NW corner get behind these ideas?

WSU Block H

Along with it should be an aim for the first ten minutes to be a special effort at a continuous run through of Albion traditional classics.

You must be near the back then. H block was decent but now other than these blokes all you hear is moaning.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Isn't it usually the managers 'army'?

Seems a bit of a dig at Sami.

#SamiHyypia'sBlueandWhiteArmy

I don't think so, no. It's a perfectly reasonable sign of loyalty.

Went on for just over 15 minutes in the first half last night, only stopping when we scored, and there were a couple of other efforts that lasted for ten minutes or so. I like it. There were times when even the more sedate crowd in the front seats were joining in (even if only by clapping along). You won't get that with many songs. Make it easy for people and they'll run with it.

#TonyBloomsBlueAndWhiteArmy

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I'm in WSU block D and as a regular starter of songs I can tell you, you will have to keep going by yourself for a long while before you get any of the old boys joining in around me.

Block G you will have more of a chance and enjoy it when you get songs going down that way. it also feels more of an achievement being further from the North.

If I hear it I will join in.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'll join in but in W1H I'll probably get asked to 'pipe down old boy, we're trying to have a conversation about the cricket/garden/golf/antiques market'

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think it's also more impactive than you might think on opposition fans. Once it goes on and on for a bit, they tend to pipe down themselves, as they contemplate the fact that we're not going to shut up.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
WSU Block H

This.

Johnny Crumplin Football Genius, anyone?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
With Lack of many great songs at the moment, I am all for long easy to Join in songs, Personally I think its a great idea, this and the great escape do work, I will never forget that Burnley Atmosphere.

In addition, I feel like we could bring back a few classics, I think its been mentioned before, but I would Love to hear Micheal Kuipers a former Dutch marine again, although I doubt many people would know what you were on about if you started singing it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm in WSU block D and as a regular starter of songs I can tell you, you will have to keep going by yourself for a long while before you get any of the old boys joining in around me.

Block G you will have more of a chance and enjoy it when you get songs going down that way. it also feels more of an achievement being further from the North.

If I hear it I will join in.

The main rendition of TBBAWA was started by the usual guys last night. But later on, a group of kids (no offence lads, I'm obviously just getting on a bit) started it up, I joined in, as did the rest of our row, and off we went again. It's the simplest thing in the world :)

The rendition at Leeds earlier in the season was so good, my hands hurt by the end of it (fifteen to twenty minutes later).

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Anything's got to be better than the efforts of the North Stand last Saturday (yes, I know all stands can start a chant, but given the North is seen to be the instigator, I'm singling them out). Couldn't believe how quiet it was, to the point of the 'boro supporters asking if we'd like them to sing a song for us? Not great, eh?

Is one of the reasons because a lot of the players are new and don't yet have specific songs to their name? Take away the likes of "Aye Aye Ashley Ashley Barnes", "William, William Buckley...", Adam El Abd, do do do do do," "Super, super Tom", and, of course "Oscar Garcia, he drinks Sangria..." seems to have left us a bit thin on the ground in our song collection.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I think it's a great idea. Yesterday's rendition definitely coincided with our best spell of the match. It must register with the players that we are backing them. My initial reaction to the team going a goal down was that the players' self belief seemed to drop, but the constant chanting of this song seemed to inspire them. Let's hope we aren't a goal down by 10 minutes in on Saturday if it's started at this point.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I PREFER the wall of BOOS as we MISS another HATFULL of chances and a CHORUS of SACK the BOARD throughout the MATCH as we SIT in the MOST expensive SEATS in the CHAMPIONSHIP watching a LOAD of League 1 JABRONI'S who couldn't SCORE in a BROTHEL

WSU Block H

You must be near the back then. H block was decent but now other than these blokes all you hear is moaning.

Out of interest where do people suppose G ends and H starts? My ticket says W3G but we moved to accommodate my son and my friend's kids and so now turn right from the G entrance and exit through H. We are at the back and it's great. The blokes behind sing non stop, have a laugh and even chuck the odd bit of tickertape (randomly if we don't score). Should be no problem getting it going there so I'm IN and so's the boy. Now we need people IN from the quieter areas.

Perhaps i could set [MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION] a challenge. If you can get Fred, Bertie and Algernon joining in I'll get them a bottle of Sanatogen :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Out of interest where do people suppose G ends and H starts? My ticket says W3G but we moved to accommodate my son and my friend's kids and so now turn right from the G entrance and exit through H. We are at the back and it's great. The blokes behind sing non stop, have a laugh and even chuck the odd bit of tickertape (randomly if we don't score). Should be no problem getting it going there so I'm IN and so's the boy. Now we need people IN from the quieter areas.

Perhaps i could set [MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION] a challenge. If you can get Fred, Bertie and Algernon joining in I'll get them a bottle of Sanatogen :thumbsup:

Not sure if it's these chaps or not, but there was a small group somewhere behind me at the Boro game who were making a fine effort to get (and keep) stuff going. I was clapping along down the front, though I felt a bit lonely in my efforts :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here