Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Solution

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Maybe it's just me but surely there is a simple solution for Bloom / Barber.

Use a bit of savvy and take the focus away from Sami and raise the spirits of all the supporters, surely the loan signing of a 'high profile' striker (even on a short term basis) would tick all of the boxes.

It would give everyone a lift going into Saturday and may even convince some of those that may stay away (based on recent performances) to get their arses to The Amex on Saturday.

Any short term investment in a loan striker surely outweighs lack of revenue, or dare I say it 'compensation for getting rid of a manager'

We need a lift, we need some belief in the senior management within the club and now is the ideal opportunity to give Sami, the players and us supporters some much needed BELIEF !

And before anyone suggest's it's 'not easy' to bring in a top striker, I'm sorry but there are plenty of Premier League quality strikers out there who would certainly benefit from a loan spell at a Championship club.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
I wouldn't argue with that. 1 goal in 13 league games from our strikers now, it's a shocking record.

It would remove any excuses not just from the manager but from the players.

MJP

Aug 9, 2012
Up until Saturday I believe we were playing good football; exactly the kind we were all begging for last season. We've drawn away at Forest and Watford both of whom will be pushing for automatic promotion this season. Draws at home to Charlton and Cardiff on paper aren't bad results considering we were never going to reach the heights of last season and a draw last night against a team that hasn't lost in 5 is again, another decent result. A win will tick all of the boxes you mentioned so here's hoping we can get it on Saturday without bringing in a striker.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
How about signing Elliott Bennett, who can't get in the Norwich team at the moment. At least he might create some clear chances for our strikers.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Apart from signing a striker who know's where the net is there is another simple solution, We start with wingers as fullbacks, fullbacks in central midfield and central midfielders on the wing and at least that way as soon as the game kicks off everybody is back to doing what they do best.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here