Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OK, who has cancelled their direct debit?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Nope and I wouldn't because that wasn't the deal and I'm honourable - unlike anyone who has and is suggesting it's a legitimate course of action because everything isn't great right now.

Of course, when renewals come round I think a lot of people have every right to annul. But not before.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Yes because attempting to cripple the club financially is the correct method of action when you're club needs your LOYAL support a fair bit right now. Some of the topics on here are just getting ridiculous. You would support the club if they were on the brink of the playoffs so support the club unreservedly when they go through small turmoil... its not much to ask.

MJP

Aug 9, 2012
I've supported the club when we were on the brink of relegation from the football league so I think I can continue supporting them in the heights of English football's second division.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It's not a ridiculous topic of conversation and if where it would fit right in to NSC! I fear if a lot of people so this then the club won't allow this option next season. So don't do it. You're as bad as Buckley, Poyet Bridcutt etc

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
The bitter end? We are so far away from anything that could be remotely contrived as 'the bitter end' right now. If a poor few months is all that it takes for some to abandon ship, then good riddance.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Jesus Christ, if I wanted to watch a team that only has positives I'd go invest in a Chelsea shirt. I'm perfectly happy to keep my season ticket for as long as my financial situation allows me to.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Cant believe any true fan would cancel their Season ticket because we are going through a rough patch. Even if we get relegated i will still renew my two tickets.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
What next demanding a refund everytime the team fail to win a game by at least 4-0, or if any of the goals are scored in the last ten minutes after you have left the ground.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I think, the recent poor run of form not withstanding, that my season ticket represents remarkably good value compared with some of the alternative ways I might have to spend 40-odd quid a month. If anything, despite the poor results, I've enjoyed the matches I've seen this season more than those I'd seen by the same period last season.
In any case, the only way in my view to get real value and enjoyment from following and supporting the team is to stick with it for the long haul -- in my experience you enjoy the good bits even more, if you've been there through some of the bad bits.
So I would have no intention of cancelling my direct debit (even if I did, I think I would still be contractually liable for the rest of the season's payments). Likewise, assuming I'm not made redundant in the meantime or face some other financial catastrophe, I will renew next year and subsequent years, even if the team is relegated this season (which I don't think is likely, by the way).
As far as I can see, the Championship is an extremely close league, and two teams with very little difference between them in terms of quality can end up separated by some distance in points terms, just on the basis of a run of good or bad luck. It's currently going against us, but even with a slightly worse squad than last season, I don't think that will necessarily continue.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why would you cancel your direct debit when you've have to pay in full, in any case?

Seriously, are you just a good time fan?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here