Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone still eat tripe these days?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
My mother gave us some once to show what they used to eat. We also had Brawn. The tripe made me gag. The texture was enough to put me off.

They bleach it in order to make it look in any way presentable.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
I eat virtually anything except tripe and okra. They are horrible. On the TV programme Riverside Cottage he went to the abattoir and had to empty the grass out of the cows stomach to get at the tripe.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I've had before. It's not bad. I remember having some in a hot dog once in Santiago- it added an interesting texture.

Last time I was in London I walked through a market in Dalston and there was plenty of tripe on display. It was grey and looked extremely unappetising. No bleach in use there.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I hear some people eat it raw with vinegar.

Mostly it's fed to dogs nowadays?

I fancy some tripe

:moo:<--- it's made from cow
Tried it ages ago. I naively thought it would be a bit like Yorkshire Pudding. I can eat most food but did not enjoy the experience at all.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You thought tripe- that's cow stomach- would taste like a crispy batter made from flour and eggs?

What on earth did you think it was? :ohmy:

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
You thought tripe- that's cow stomach- would taste like a crispy batter made from flour and eggs?
I can believe it - I once had a friend who believed the roe you get at chip shops (in breadcrumbs) was something to do with chicken. Diving out the way as he forcibly ejected from his mouth after I pointed out the truth is one of those golden memories of my youth :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here