Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield 0 Albion 5..............

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 2719

Bookings (cards) that's is .............are we dirty or have refs formed an alliance against us?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
We can't cope with teams (ie every other team in the Championship) that are physically stronger, quicker and bigger than us hence lots of niggley, spiteful fouls all over the pitch.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Sounded like the ref was rather one sided tbh - fouls carded for us, where similar ones only led to warnings for them. The second Lualua one (just seen it on SSN) was ridiculously soft. Joke decision.

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
Sounded like the ref was rather one sided tbh - fouls carded for us, where similar ones only led to warnings for them. The second Lualua one (just seen it on SSN) was ridiculously soft. Joke decision.
That was the opinion of the BBC Sussex team too.. and they are often scathing about the Albion when we deserve it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Anyone else notice Middlesbrough systematically twatting Teixeira on a rota basis at the weekend, till they got him off ? Job done. THATS dirty...not sure I've seen us indulging in those tactics just yet.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Anyone else notice Middlesbrough systematically twatting Teixeira on a rota basis at the weekend, till they got him off ? Job done. THATS dirty...not sure I've seen us indulging in those tactics just yet.

I did. It was cynical and should have no place in football. Surprised Naylor didn't comment on it. At least three assaults on him after the head injury, possibly four. I also felt Clayton got his come uppance. Delighted we didn't sign him - a really dirty player.

tubby

Aug 15, 2008
The referee was one sided when it came to cards with similar tackles by them going unpunished. I agree that Lua Lua's second caution was harsh but that is a risk that you run when you have already been cautioned. I cannot understand why he felt the need to run 30 yards and stand toe to toe with the assistant to complain about a free kick when he wasn't even involved in the challenge. The referee was not going to change his mind and as a result he is out of Saturday's game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

It was all part of Sami being out managed by a disciple of Jose - The Special One.

'Boro knew the formation needed to stop us, and the only player they needed to stop.
They did that, kept to the plan and waited for us to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Bish-bosh, 3 points, NEXT.

D

Deleted member 2719

With Huddersfield fouling 9 times and us just 10 times how come 50% of our fouls were punished with the back pocket treatment and none of Huddersfield fouls were carded?
Wasn't at the match but it does appear we were filthy southern b@st@rds or cheated by a biased official.
Anyone who went please tell us the story?

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham

Yes, they certainly targeted him and it worked.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Ref and linesman were simply appalling, so home biased it was not true, Lua Lua does 2 fouls And gets sent off, their centre half did 5 fouls in first half alone and even spoken to?. The linesman on the left from us think was a Huddersfield fan, gave them every decision, plus that was never offside for the goal according to their fans on that side.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Ref and linesman were simply appalling, so home biased it was not true, Lua Lua does 2 fouls And gets sent off, their centre half did 5 fouls in first half alone and even spoken to?. The linesman on the left from us think was a Huddersfield fan, gave them every decision, plus that was never offside for the goal according to their fans on that side.

Having watched the replay, I think he was on side. Port decision IMHO...

D

Deleted member 2719

I believe about 70% of refs have it in for us and it almost as if the AMEX has not helped our cause. Did we really get such one sided refs when we were based at the withers?? Prosser aside.

May be we need a new signature song " refs don't likes us we don't care".

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

I'd love to think he was onside and thought that at the time, but if you find Bozza's thread 'Fine Margins' you will see that he was offside.
LuaLua's first yellow was for dissent. He wasn't anywhere near the original foul and it was nothing to do with him, so he should have kept out of it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Paranoia creeping in now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here