Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away fans tonight

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
We did a very long rendition of Tony Blooms blue and white army. Prob about 15 mins long in the first half. I believe it helped and many of the 'fans' who go to home games could do the team a bit of good by getting behind the team. I disagree with the Merry Prankster in that I thought there was no lack of effort from any of the players...just a lack of quality at times. However, if any team deserved to win it was us.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Announced as 302 away

So are you saying they're was too more than Easy 10 stated?, or are Huddersfield counting to of our season ticket holders' who did'nt show, their by making a false claim of too two many???

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Atmosphere was cracking considering there were 302 of us. If only the home fans could make the same proportion of noise from the 20k at home, the Amex would be a fortress.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
I wonder how many of us there tonight would have gone to Tottenham if they could have got tickets? I am OK, but know of 4 people and there will probably be quite a few more.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I wonder how many of us there tonight would have gone to Tottenham if they could have got tickets? I am OK, but know of 4 people and there will probably be quite a few more.

I certainly would be

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I agree with @merryprankster, lots of effort int the stand, however, the two strikers don't seem to be suitable for our needs, at all.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I agree with @merryprankster, lots of effort int the stand, however, the two strikers don't seem to be suitable for our needs, at all.
How the hell anyone can complain about Baldock I have no idea. Put himself about and worked really hard. Please don't complain about a striker not scoring when the rest of the team never get the ball to him in the area.

Yorkshire-Seagull

Feb 11, 2008
How the hell anyone can complain about Baldock I have no idea. Put himself about and worked really hard. Please don't complain about a striker not scoring when the rest of the team never get the ball to him in the area.

Agreed - Baldock (like CMS previously) certainly worked hard, just with no end result. O'Grady does look terrible though - hopelessly off the pace, and not on the same wavelength as the other players.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
We did a very long rendition of Tony Blooms blue and white army. Prob about 15 mins long in the first half. I believe it helped and many of the 'fans' who go to home games could do the team a bit of good by getting behind the team. I disagree with the Merry Prankster in that I thought there was no lack of effort from any of the players...just a lack of quality at times. However, if any team deserved to win it was us.

The rendition 'coincided' with our best spell in the game. I genuinely believe it helped lift the team, likewise to a lesser extent in the 2nd half.

If we can do this at home it will be a genuine #wallofnoise and really help the players. Remember the Great Escape against Burnley. It doesn't require learning words, or competing between different stands or between different cliques in the North. You can sing some of the time, clap some of the time or do both, but join in and keep it going. I am going to start a #wallofnoise thread for all those who want to pledge to back the team at the moment.

PS I was there last night and at Burton, but I can't get to the Spurs game.

PG

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here