What's the worst run of form a Brighton manager has had,

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
first and foremost in the Bloom era?

But i guess after that, of all time.

Oct 25, 2003
hinsh was 8 straight league defeats, and 9 without a win (we had a league cup win in between)...coppell then lost his 1st 2 games meaning 10 league defeats in total

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
None of which were in the Bloom era.

Hinsh must be wrong because I thought it would be him.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Within the Bloom era it is either Slade, Poyet, Garcia, or Hyypia. My money is on Hyypia.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I remember a run of a dozen or more games without a win under Archie MacAuley in the mid sixties and we had a pretty grim period under Brian Clough. Hinsh, Wood, Lloyd and Mickey Adams II among others provided fairly protracted winless runs too......

This is, I suspect, our worst run in the Bloom era but it isn't anything new.

silverwizard

Nov 10, 2009
I think Jeff Wood's record was 1 point from 10 matches.
Pat Saward endured 12 straight league defeats plus an FA cup loss in 1972/3.
Not sure about the Bloom era but Russell Slade's side had a poor start to the 2009/10 season that cost him his job.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Not sure about the Bloom era but Russell Slade's side had a poor start to the 2009/10 season that cost him his job.

Slade picked up 14 points from 15 games in the 2009/10 season before being sacked. His longest league run without a win that season was 5 games.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch

that's right,5 consectutive defeats without even scoring a goal,we did win 2-0 at Huddersfield though,here's hoping!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Pat Saward: I went to the 13th consecutive defeat in the Old Division 2 at Brisbane Road. We wuz robbed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We had a run of nine league games without a win under Gus in 2011, which included that bloody awful game against palace. It also featured 5 hours and 40 minutes without scoring: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/15510791.

It's a good job we had Billy Paynter and Ryan Harley in our ranks.
Ahh now there's an answer that makes a mockery of the '2 games to save his job', debate.

Can anyone spot the agenda?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We had a run of nine league games without a win under Gus in 2011, which included that bloody awful game against palace. It also featured 5 hours and 40 minutes without scoring: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/15510791.

It's a good job we had Billy Paynter and Ryan Harley in our ranks.

I imagine we were quite high up the table before that poor run. I am pretty sure we haven't been lining up for a relegation battle in the previous three seasons in this division. Different mindset towards the problem I would think as we could be in the bottom three by Saturday...or knocking on the door of the playoffs :lolol:

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Ahh now there's an answer that makes a mockery of the '2 games to save his job', debate.

Can anyone spot the agenda?

Only problem SB, is that Poyet's side was still 12th at that point and had managed to win 5 matches. Whereas Hyypia's side is 20th and has only won 2. Arguably Hyypia has the better squad too.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I remember a run of a dozen or more games without a win under Archie MacAuley in the mid sixties and we had a pretty grim period under Brian Clough. Hinsh, Wood, Lloyd and Mickey Adams II among others provided fairly protracted winless runs too......

This is, I suspect, our worst run in the Bloom era but it isn't anything new.

In 2011-12 we went 12 matches and only got 10 points as soon as the opposition sussed us. http://www.statto.com/football/teams/brighton-and-hove-albion/2011-2012

We also lost in the League Cup and included a loss at home to Palace. Goal 11-12, 10 pts. Now 11-14, 11 pts. And 9 matches without a win.

Worst was to follow with 3-0 defeat at Southampton and Reading. Our team was not so good then. We got outplayed in midfield and we had to resort to deep defence.

We went 5 matches with scoring just one goal and shortly afterwards 4 matches without scoring at all. And then 3 without scoring including a 6-0 defeat at West Ham in a run of 8 matches without a win. In short, Bournemouth made a better fist of their first season up than we did in our first season.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here