Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*****Official Match Day Thread - Huddersfield Town vs. Brighton and Hove Albion*****

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
download (7).jpg vs. Brighton_&_Hove_Albion.png

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
Venue: The John Smith's Stadium Date: Tuesday 21 October Kick-off: 19:45

Referee: Gary Sutton
Assistant Referees: Ian Dudley and Shaun Hudson
Fourth Official: Paul Cook

TEAM NEWS

Huddersfield boss Chris Powell could name an unchanged team for the visit of Brighton as his side bid to extend their unbeaten run to five games.
Martin Paterson returned as a substitute against Blackpool on Saturday following a knee injury.
Striker James Vaughan and defender Anthony Gerrard (both calf) remain out.
Brighton will check on Bruno and Joao Teixeira but Craig Mackail-Smith (hamstring), Dale Stephens (ankle) and Andrew Crofts (cruciate) are out.
MATCH FACTS

Head-to-Head
The last meeting ended in a 1-1 draw at the John Smith's Stadium in April.
Brighton are unbeaten in the last four meetings, winning two. Huddersfield's last win was 3-2 away in League One in April 2011.
Brighton have won only one of the last six meetings at Huddersfield. Their only win there since 2006 was 2-1 in November 2012.
Huddersfield
Huddersfield have won three of their last four games, drawing one. Their last defeat was 3-0 at Leeds on 20 September.
Huddersfield have won their last two home games, against Millwall and Blackpool.
Brighton
Brighton have won only one of their last nine games in all competitions. Their only win since 26 August was 3-0 at Burton in the Capital One Cup on 24 September.
The Seagulls are unbeaten in their last three away games in all competitions, winning one. Their last defeat on the road was 2-0 at Ipswich in the Championship on 16 September.

10 Game Head to Head Record

Season Date Home Score Away Competition
2013/2014 Fri 18 Apr Huddersfield 1 - 1 Brighton & HA Championship
Sat 21 Dec Brighton & HA 0 - 0 Huddersfield Championship
2012/2013 Sat 02 Mar Brighton & HA 4 - 1 Huddersfield Championship
Sat 17 Nov Huddersfield 1 - 2 Brighton & HA Championship
2010/2011 Sat 30 Apr Brighton & HA 2 - 3 Huddersfield League One
Sat 11 Dec Huddersfield 2 - 1 Brighton & HA League One
2009/2010 Tue 09 Feb Brighton & HA 0 - 0 Huddersfield League One
Tue 18 Aug Huddersfield 7 - 1 Brighton & HA League One
2008/2009 Sat 25 Apr Huddersfield 2 - 2 Brighton & HA League One
Sat 22 Nov Brighton & HA 0 - 1 Huddersfield League One

A game where if we lose - and lose with a bad performance the pressure will really be on Hyypiä. Respect to every Albion fan who is making the 500+ mile round trip on a Tuesday night.

Haven't done one of these threads for nearly two years - so expect the worst!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
5 asterisks at each end with no space before/after.

It will all end in tears!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
*** & ***

No ampersand and I would give this only *** three stars. Badges are not sized properly (badges are too much of hassle for some?) and should be in the

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
No ampersand and I would give this only *** three stars. Badges are not sized properly (badges are too much of hassle for some?) and should be in the

In 2004 it was renamed the Galpharm Stadium, before becoming the John Smith's Stadium in 2012, in a new five year sponsorship deal with Heineken. I am not sure either name is particularly popular.​

Ralphingtonpuss

May 27, 2010
Nottingham
Leaving for Hudds soon, there will be no losing tonight I'm certain??.....Well I'm sure!!....Well maybe not!!...Well I hope not!!!....oh cr*p [emoji33]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here