Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How little is Toko rated?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
How little can Toko be rated if hes not even making the squad of a team who havent won in 7 games.

I have not seen a single minute of Toko, so I cannot give much of a view either way. But something cant be right.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I watched him at Lancing and at Burton Albion. He didn't do anything to persuade me that he deserves a first team starting place.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
He didn't do anything to persuade me that he deserves a first team starting place.

Fair enough. But then why did we buy him? He doesn't even make the bench, so it looks like a complete waste of money. I think I'm right in saying he signed before Sami was announced (?), so maybe it's as simple as Sami doesn't rate him? :shrug:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Fair enough. But then why did we buy him? He doesn't even make the bench, so it looks like a complete waste of money. I think I'm right in saying he signed before Sami was announced (?), so maybe it's as simple as Sami doesn't rate him? :shrug:

He didn't cost anything... Just the wages we pay. He had 'potential' though, so maybe BHAFC saw him as in investment (which has thus far proved pointless)?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
He didn't cost anything... Just the wages we pay. He had 'potential' though, so maybe BHAFC saw him as in investment (which has thus far proved pointless)?

Ah. Yes, I think you're right - he came on a Bosman, didn't he?

swervy_123

Dec 2, 2009
brighton
Was told by a reliable source toko's agent expressed concern about certain training methods for he's client (sammi's) which he didn't want to follow because he has a programme developed individually for him ,obviously not team training but personal ,hypia didn't think much of that

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
You'd think how little he has played for us, he should have been in the dev squad at Newcastle to get some minutes on the pitch.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's not as good as Danny Holla, simples.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agreed. But Holla's role is considered so important to our style that he was substituted at half time on Saturday, replaced by...errr...O'Grady.

That's because 'Boro knew exactly what we were going to do, played wide and deep to counteract us, thereby negating Holla's role, as 'his' area no longer existed.

1-0 to the 'Boro manager.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake

I was told he was only ever going to be a 'squad player' whatever that means. A very odd buy. Yes, he was brought in before Sami was secured.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
The problem with judging this is we have no idea how much he's on, whether he's fully fit or how well he's settled in over here. Plus there's the old " new manager just doesn't rate a player" syndrome.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was told he was only ever going to be a 'squad player' whatever that means. A very odd buy. Yes, he was brought in before Sami was secured.
I don't see why he's a 'very odd buy'.

Had he been bought in to replace Bridcutt AFTER we'd signed Holla then sure Toko would be a very odd buy.

As it is, we were scouting both players, got one asap then, a couple of months later, the better version became available, and we got him as well.

The club would never have turned down Holla saying 'it's ok now we have Toko'.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Forgot about him. He must be pissed, Kemy, crofts and Stephens out injured and he can't get into the 16 of the team who is BOTTOM of the form book on the last 8 games.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I know he's had a run out once....

That's the only thing keeping me from rating.

I guess what I'm saying is that he's so far under my radar, I'd give him a medal for extraordinary espionage.

He's sunken after an unfortunate collision with sea ice, disappear'd with all hands, vanished without a trace, embarked upon a journey to the centre of the earth....et cetera.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here