Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lee Clark

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I seem to recall that he was one of only two managers in the Championship that had been at his club for more than 2 years. Not any more.

JBenno

Jun 29, 2011
Upper Beeding
So, of the 4 teams below us in the league - Only Blackpool are yet to dispatch their manager, and he only started in August with 8 players.

hmmmmmmmm

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Weren't Lee Clark's Huddersfield the team that always beat us, even when we were winning the league? Did a job on us at St. Andrews this season too.................Hmmm.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Gus to Birmingham :shrug:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He was lucky to last as long as he did.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
His managerial career overall is:
P294 W120 (41%) D86 (29%) L88 (30%)

Considering what B'Ham have gone through, not sure many could have done much better. Still a bright young manager to my mind, he'd only lost 3 in his last 55 matches at H'field - one of the more bizarre sackings if I remember correctly.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
1 home win in 23, we did our best to keep him in his job by being the 1

That is a truly depressing stat, when you see the media reporting that Birmingham "have had only 1 win at home in the last 12 months".

Yup, HAD to be us, didn't it.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
I seem to recall that he was one of only two managers in the Championship that had been at his club for more than 2 years. Not any more.

Indeed. Clark and his merry men were the League 1 Invincibles, who conveniently(some media included) air-brushed the fact they lost the Play Off final to Peterborough 3-0 in the middle of their outstanding record. Everyone forgot about 2004, Wenger, Henry etc after Huddersfield unbelievable achievement. Whatever happened to the Terriers trip to 10 Downing Street to meet Brian Harvey?

Annoying cos I had them and Blackpool as the relegation certs

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It's been mentioned before but Lee Clark showed huge class when he brought Huddersfield down to play the champions at Withdean. He shook the hand of every Brighton player before the game and I've respected him ever since.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
1 home win in 23, we did our best to keep him in his job by being the 1

Thanks for that, I was trying to forget just how crap Saturday was and you bring up a game that was probably just as bad, possibly worse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here