Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How far does your dislike of palace go?

supergeorge

Sep 7, 2009
I listen to Talksport on my drive to work in the morning, Alan Brazil's sports breakfast helps pass the time. He has different guest presenters during the week, one of these used to be Neil Warnock, didn't have a problem with him on there, until................ he bacame palace boss again, now I cant stand listening to him, its got to a stage that if he comes on to give an interview I will turn the radio down until he finishes.

During this quiet period I thought of other things I do, however daft, that I do is influenced by my dislike of that lot.

Will not listen to Eagle FM
If I'm watching football from another country (Spanish football on Sky etc) then I can't want a team to win if they play in red and blue. Eibar in Spain, Inverness CT in Scotland, want them to lose.
Never wear red and blue together.

Anyone else have any similar do's and dont's?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Enjoy when they f**k up , enjoy the rivarly with them and join in the chants.

HOWEVER the sterling work done by both sides with the REMF has taken the edge off somewhat.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
My Step brother supports palace, I won't drink out of any of his Palace mugs other than that I never think about them these days.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
My hatred of all things Palace is pantomime hate. I've a few good mates that support Palace and they're good people, know their footie, love their local club. My hatred for Man Utd on the other hand is very real. I hate them in so many ways not least for what they and their ilk have done to English football. I'll happily support any team...foreign or otherwise (incl Palace) rather than cheer on Man Utd.

Saying that, my gf is from Barcelona and supports Barca. I'd never ever wear anything Barca related because it's red and blue.

SAC

May 21, 2014
It’s a rivalry that means very little (to me) unless we are in the same division.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Eeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaggggggllllllleeeeeeesssss!

That is the philli Eagles of course!

Not really bothered about our friends up the road. They seem to be always in a higher division than us and when we do get to play them in the same division, in recent times we have had some horrible times!

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Their appropriation of a majestic and graceful bird of prey is laughable and desperately unoriginal. Our bird might be verminous, but at least you see the odd seagull in Brighton.

I don’t like the way that they keep having their debts written off and then refuse to acknowledge that their doing so puts them at a huge competitive advantage over clubs like Albion.

Integrity is not a word that I associate with Crystal Palace, but I doubt that they give a damn about how they are perceived, since they are now awash with Premier League lucre.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I love the rivalry and hate losing to them but find it impossible to hate them to be honest.

I'd say I've met many hundreds of Palace fans and on the whole they are a realistic bunch with very few delutions of grandeur and are proper football fans.
Also anyone who chooses to support Palace over one of London's big clubs gets my respect, when I lived in Croydon i was shocked and a little saddened that you'd see so few palace shirts in a sea of chelsea and Arsenal shirts.

One thing that does annoy me about Palace fans is the 'plastic' tag they've given us especially when i know of many Selhurst park regulars who support other bigger clubs.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
My dislike has moved from indifference, to a slight, but not personal, dislike. And only when they play in our division. For that reason I rather hope they do get relegated.

Jan 30, 2008
do you really like to see Palace shirt wearing goons walking the streets of Sussex, although they have every right to put their shirt on i always see it as a bit of a piss take especially when they've got their kid in tow wearing it as well
regards
DR

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Capture.PNG

Says it all really :D:D:D:D:D

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
My hatred of all things Palace is pantomime hate. I've a few good mates that support Palace and they're good people, know their footie, love their local club. My hatred for Man Utd on the other hand is very real. I hate them in so many ways not least for what they and their ilk have done to English football. I'll happily support any team...foreign or otherwise (incl Palace) rather than cheer on Man Utd.

Pretty much my thoughts but with United substituted for Chelsea.

Can't help but get slightly cross though with the recent influx of Palace-shirted fools in Horsham. Then again, even before I got into football I've had an aversion to Red and Blue together, horrible combination.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I'm happy to hype the rivalry up, because it adds to the fixture and my enjoyment of it (or lack of :( ).

But do I hate Crystal Palace? Not really.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
My hatred for Man Utd on the other hand is very real. I hate them in so many ways not least for what they and their ilk have done to English football. I'll happily support any team...foreign or otherwise (incl Palace) rather than cheer on Man Utd.

As always mate, spot f**king on.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Don't really worry about them to much unless we are playing them, I should imagine the play off hit most BHA fans very hard.

In my business I work in occupied houses and have a few Palace fans as customers, I think they like living on the South Coast with us good people, don't blame them really as I wouldn't want to live in Croydon or South London.
I have a good chat with them about football, better than talking to an armchair Liverpool fan that's never seen their team play away in London, let alone Anfield.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here