Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami Hyypia deserves time by Alan Mullery.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Now Mullery chips in

Brighton and Hove Albion manager Sami Hyypia deserves more time to turn around the team's fortunes, according to ex-Seagulls boss Alan Mullery.
Saturday's defeat by Middlesbrough was Albion's eighth straight Championship game without a win, leaving them just one point above the relegation zone.
Mullery told BBC Sussex: "It's very early in the season and we've had a lot of changes in personnel.
"We're not far away from improving and starting to win games."
Brighton's Championship record this season
Played: 12
Lost: Five
Won: Two
Goals for: 11
Drawn: Five
Goals against: 14
Former England midfielder Mullery, who managed the Seagulls between 1976 and 1981, and again in 1986-87, now acts as a club ambassador at The Amex Stadium.
He continued: "We haven't gelled completely. There's still question marks over how players are going to play."
Former Liverpool captain Hyypia was appointed Brighton boss in June and has had to rebuild the squad following last season's loss against Derby County in the Championship play-off semi-finals.
Goalkeeper Tomasz Kuszczak, midfielders Andrea Orlandi and David Lopez, and forwards Will Hoskins and David Rodriguez were among those released, while striker Leonardo Ulloa was sold to Leicester City for £8m.
Former Albion defender Gary Chivers, who made more than 200 appearances for the club, also said the Finn, who had previously managed Bayer Leverkusen in Germany, should be given more time.
"People are saying about changing the manager, but I think we have got to stay with him," said Chivers.
"He's been in the job, what is it, four or five months? It's no good changing your manager, otherwise the new manager will come in and be faced with the same problems, bringing all these players in - let's just be settled, let's give him a bit of time."
Albion travel to Huddersfield on Tuesday night, before facing Rotherham at home next Saturday.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It's getting similar to the Government sending out ministers to defend one of their own!

Far too early to pull the trigger, as I said on another thread, I think the board will sit on their hands until the International break (November) to see if the form shows signs of improving.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Next we will see the dreaded vote of confidence from Bloom. That will surely seal Sami's fate

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
he's only been here 2 minutes

give the bloke a chance

he' a football manager not a magician

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Me too. Knew this season was going to be a reboot. Facinated at the moment to see which way it will go. The last thing I want is another manager, with another game plan, with another set of back room stafff whilst sh walks off with financial compensation tb surely cannot spare.

We've got to find something to spend the Ulloa/cup final/play off final money on.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Time by Alan Mullery.

£6.99 in the baqrgin bin at The Perfume shop.

With dominant fragrances of Goldstone Ground bathwater (soiled), Brut 33 and bottled light ale smuggled onto the Seagulls Special.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Happy for him to be given a few more games but I wouldn't be too upset if he got the sack. I haven't warmed to him at all and find him pretty dull to listen to as well. Oscar was an extrovert in comparison.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
talc33.jpg

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill

Several reasons. Give the guy a chance to get a settled team, a decent forward rather than the sub-standard ones he currently has at his disposal.

Furthermore, a fourth manager at The Amex? FFS. Going through all that palava again, give the new guy 2 weeks with existing sub-standard players then sack him. Start again.

This rebuilding was NEVER going to happen overnight, 2 years is a minimum to get players and a system in place.

I do not want our club to become a laughing stock.

Aside from that, no reason really.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here