[Official Site] U18 REPORT: ALBION 2 CHELSEA 1

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011

ALBION 2Maguire-Drew, 34
Tighe, 50

CHELSEA 1
Christie-Davis, 46
Brighton & Hove Albion’s under-18s secured a deserved 2-1 victory against Chelsea on Saturday.

Albion led through Jordan Maguire-Drew but had their lead wiped out seconds after the re-start; however, Simon Rusk’s side showed strong concentration and an element of grit, to secure the win thanks to Connor Tighe's wonderful goal.
Albion carved out the game’s first chance after 15 minutes when Tighe's jinking run and cross found its way to Maguire-Drew, via an inventive flick-on from Dessie Hutchinson. However, Maguire-Drew’s left-foot effort was well saved by Jared Thompson in the Chelsea goal.
The Brighton forward was more clinical when his next chance arrived in the 34th minute, latching onto Hutchinson's defence-splitting pass, then faking a shot to cut inside, before sliding home.
The scoreline stood until half-time thanks to George Hobbs, whose brilliant save to deny Isaac Christie-Davis was one of several outstanding pieces of goalkeeping from the Albion stopper.Hobbs had little chance with Chelsea’s equaliser, though, as Isaac Christie-Davis managed to beat him with a close-range finish just one minute into the second half.

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

But the response from the Seagulls was superb; Jack Rowe-Hurst fought for possession up field, laid the ball off to Tighe, who got it out of his feet quickly before curling a beautiful effort that glided into the top corner from just outside the box.
With the lead restored Albion began to display solid defensive work, making themselves hard to break down, yet still looking threatening going forward.Tighe saw a header saved on 67 minutes while Hobbs also pulled off another great save with five minutes remaining, this time denying Jacob Maddox with a strong diving save.
ALBION: Hobbs (GK); Courtney, White, Horncastle, Barnett (Cox 76); Collar, Hutchinson, Tighe, Pring (Rowe-Hurst 37), Maguire-Drew, Tilley (Meyers 87). Sub not used: Mar-Larusson.
[h=3]ALBION V rotherham
[/h]SATURDAY 25TH OCTOber, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V wigan
[/h]tuesday 4th november, KICK-OFF 7:45PM

[h=3]Albion v blackburn
[/h]SATURDAY 8TH NOVEMber, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
After a very negative weekend and I know this is only one game, but the yoof team are doing very well this year and playing great football by all accounts, so future looks good and if I was a young player, who would I rather join? Chelsea ? And never get a chance of first team or Brighton? Where we will use them if good enough. Think our academy will be producing and attracting some very good players.

I know a dad of a young pro at a London club and the talk is that Brighton is the club to join
Now. So not all negative at the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here