Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ebay late bid failure

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Was bidding on an item tonight with 10 secs left. I had my bid set and was watching the clock count down, CONFIRMED bang on 10 sec only to then get told the auction had already ended

10 years on Ebay and first time this has ever happened. Anyone else had similar issues?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I had something bizarre years ago when the seller kept cancelling my bids (apparently this is possible), but didn't want to withdraw the item (think that costs money). Perhaps that happened...

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I was bidding on a second-hand book the other day, it went past the £2 (+£2 p&p) I wanted to pay and eventually sold for £8.
The book in question is £6.99 NEW on Amazon :shrug:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Did you do it on an ipad?
When you move from one tab to another the clock stops until you go back to that tab, had it many times, it doesn't do it on PC's though, but have experienced it.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I 'won' Dirk Wears White Sox on vinyl for £1.99 yesterday which is not bad going.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I had a similar issue where my PC was out of sync with the main site. I was watching an auction end, but wasn't bidding, and the time lag was about three minutes. Only happened the once, and not since. Was strange though...

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove
Yup I use a sniper, and it failed to get it's bid in today for no apparent reason.
Could be eBay has some problems

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
If you want a risky bargain then last sec gamble, if you really want it then bid way ahead and blow the rest out!

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
I was bidding on a second-hand book the other day, it went past the £2 (+£2 p&p) I wanted to pay and eventually sold for £8.
The book in question is £6.99 NEW on Amazon :shrug:

Some people (me included) will not shop at Amazon.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here