Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Reverse snobbery is alive and well and living on Twitter and ITV.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So, a half decent jazz singer with a ready made image is hoofed off the X-Factor in favour of 8 identikit Liams with the personality of a slug that's training in accountancy, and who anyone over the age of 20 would walk past in the road without noticing. Facebook and Twitter seem delighted, mourning only briefly the fact they won't be able to spam the poor cow in to a madhouse next week as well. Yes she wasn't quite Etta James but if I see one more kid in skin tight keks and a fringe the size of Newcastle murder a song that should never have been released in the first place I'm going to scream.

Still, it's all good since she's posh. Right?

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
She's not a half decent jazz singer. She can't sing a note. Not a single note. They were gash but she was just utterly ridiculous, only kept on as long as she was because she was 'different'. Sorry

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
So, a half decent jazz singer with a ready made image is hoofed off the X-Factor in favour of 8 identikit Liams with the personality of a slug that's training in accountancy, and who anyone over the age of 20 would walk past in the road without noticing. Facebook and Twitter seem delighted, mourning only briefly the fact they won't be able to spam the poor cow in to a madhouse next week as well. Yes she wasn't quite Etta James but if I see one more kid in skin tight keks and a fringe the size of Newcastle murder a song that should never have been released in the first place I'm going to scream.

Still, it's all good since she's posh. Right?

Thats a bit like going into KFC and complaining that everything is fried.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Thats a bit like going into KFC and complaining that everything is fried.

That's actually a very fair point. It's more the enormous cheering on social media that gets my goat. "Hooray, the posh bird's been dumped! Burn the witch! Find the next victim!" I doubt she had a Facebook account before she entered that shitefest.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
That's actually a very fair point. It's more the enormous cheering on social media that gets my goat. "Hooray, the posh bird's been dumped! Burn the witch! Find the next victim!" I doubt she had a Facebook account before she entered that shitefest.

Same applies to social media, its like going into KFC and complaining everythings fried.

There seems a lot of angst about twitter, a site that was specificly designed for throw away comments is now condemned for people making throw away comments.

Its a bit like going into McDonalds and demanding to see the clown, you will just be handed a mirror.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If Cowell can make money from a boy band of EIGHT, none of whom can sing, I may have to grudgingly accord him some respect. Absurd.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Still amazes me so many watch X-factor, it has to be the most unoriginal programme on TV. That said I only watch telly when Albion are on..

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
She's not a half decent jazz singer. She can't sing a note. Not a single note. They were gash but she was just utterly ridiculous, only kept on as long as she was because she was 'different'. Sorry

Herein lies the entire issue. We know someone anodyne is going to win it and disappear within a couple of years. The next Jimi Hendrix or Adele for that matter ain't turning up on the Xfactor. I'm just baffled as to why the same people who think it's acceptable to proscribe what you should pay in tax and what name you can use for minorities think it's hilarious to spam a girl on Twitter because she's got a few quid, an image and the ability to speak correctly.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Same applies to social media, its like going into KFC and complaining everythings fried.

There seems a lot of angst about twitter, a site that was specificly designed for throw away comments is now condemned for people making throw away comments.

Its a bit like going into McDonalds and demanding to see the clown, you will just be handed a mirror.

Agree that Twitter holds up a mirror to society. And by and large, it's a pretty sorry, ignorant, abusive and angry sight.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

You're childless, right?

Don't watch it (honest) but did see a bit where that really dislikable one failed the audition but pleaded so pathetically for "another chance". While Cowell was mulling it over you could literally hear his brain going "Ching Ching" or whatever the viewing figures equivalent is. Total shite

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here